• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

NFTG, Nectar for the Gods nutrient line for HOT PEPPERS

I am starting this thread for us growers who are already using this line as well as those who may in the future. For those who are unfamiliar with the name or line, it is a nutrient line based on the calcium molecules as the vector to feed the plant. Originally created with the canna growers in mind, many other cultivars have adopted it for their own, including myself for hot peppers.The line is manufactured by Oregons only, https://www.oregonsonly.com/
and is available through many a grow shops. I have posted a couple of videos in the past and will also do so again here as they relate specifically to the thread. There are a lot of products available from this line and are not all necessary for a great crop. Some of the products Scott does not even recommend but makes because other growers want them (epic supply ans demand).

If anyone is interested in trying the line, you can have a case of the Advanced line shipped to you and all it will cost you is the shipping itself. To initiate this, email Scott Ostrander at organicgrower@oregonsonlyorgan
and he will set you up.

When using this line there are a few issues that you will need to be aware of in order to get the most from the line. one is pH. pH is extremely important in your base water source as well as your growing media. 6.3-6.7 is optimal when using NFTG nutrients. your TDS also becomes very important and a good pH / TDS meter is essential in monitoring both.

Last year I started using the line and went at it kind of blind and because of that, probably over fertilized my plants. What did not happen is they did not burn up and I did not encounter nutrient lockout. I merely laid off the nuts for awhile and allowed time rain to balance everything out. And when it did, Wow!
Last year was my best grow and this year will be better providing no outside forces intervene.

At current, I am using the mid veg dose chart with the addition of 1 tsp of KRACKEN, 1 tsp BLOOM KHAOS and 1 tsp SLF-100. I have also added 1 tsp APHRODITES EXTRACTION
I then feed the plants using a 3 oz plastic Dixie cup.
I also use this same dosing while the plants are in the 1 gal growers pots indoors prior to hardening off.
Feeding schedulehttps://www.oregonsonly.com/feeding-schedule/

The following links, posted before I have. (tossed in a little YODA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZg1KaWwIfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BjbW2KPbTw

About where in the plant growth do you start the Nutes? I have the line but don't know when to start. Please give me an idea as I am growing Habaneros, Jalipinos, and Scotch Bonnets. I really want to try this line out but need a little help. I see the feeding chart is long where do I start. Your help would very much appreciated. Thanks.

Visited the website, and saw the 15 different nutrients they offer. Ebay prices for a liter is approximately $20 bucks each, which translates to 300 buckaroos. If you look at the various ingredients they use across their product line you will see a common thread. Here is a list of ingredients used in Foxfarms Marine cuisine: You can get a 4 pound bag for about 15 bucks. Add a little Blackstrap molasses and brew up a tea. All of the 215 guys I knew back in the day never went for the fancy packaging and long scientific names these companies like to throw around. They mixed their own soils, and brewed up their own nutes. Hope this can save folks a lot of money. On a side note foxfarm does the same thing with their product line, Their dirty dozen is an example of this. Marine Cuisine has them all in one bag.

Marine Cuisine®

Seafood for Your Garden!

( 10 - 7 - 7 )
Marine Cuisine® is a powerful all-purpose fertilizer that blends fine ocean-based ingredients like crab meal, shrimp meal, seabird guano, and kelp, with low-sodium mineral plant foods to give your garden a quick boost and provide long-lasting, time-release nutrition.

Off the back of the package:

Cottonseed Meal, Blood Meal, Earthworm Castings, Fish Meal, Shrimp Meal, Crab Meal, Bat Guano, Seabird Guano, Kelp Meal, Urea, Ammonium Sulfate, Triple Superphosphate,  Potassium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Sucrate, Manganese Sucrate.

Hiram13 said:
About where in the plant growth do you start the Nutes? I have the line but don't know when to start. Please give me an idea as I am growing Habaneros, Jalipinos, and Scotch Bonnets. I really want to try this line out but need a little help. I see the feeding chart is long where do I start. Your help would very much appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to THP.

I generally dont start feeding till they are out of the germination flat and in the solo cups and I go lite to start, maybe an oz or so. I notice my peppers go through a phase when I start feeding so if it happens dont be alarmed. They seem to exhibit a deficiency of some sort when in fact you are feeding a readily usable nutrient line. I equate it to feeding a one month old baby filet mignon, lobster, brocholi and horse radish. They soom pop out of it and do great. you'll see.

Voodoo 6 said:
Visited the website, and saw the 15 different nutrients they offer. Ebay prices for a liter is approximately $20 bucks each, which translates to 300 buckaroos. If you look at the various ingredients they use across their product line you will see a common thread. Here is a list of ingredients used in Foxfarms Marine cuisine: You can get a 4 pound bag for about 15 bucks. Add a little Blackstrap molasses and brew up a tea. All of the 215 guys I knew back in the day never went for the fancy packaging and long scientific names these companies like to throw around. They mixed their own soils, and brewed up their own nutes. Hope this can save folks a lot of money. On a side note foxfarm does the same thing with their product line, Their dirty dozen is an example of this. Marine Cuisine has them all in one bag.

Marine Cuisine® Seafood for Your Garden! ( 10 - 7 - 7 )
Marine Cuisine® is a powerful all-purpose fertilizer that blends fine ocean-based ingredients like crab meal, shrimp meal, seabird guano, and kelp, with low-sodium mineral plant foods to give your garden a quick boost and provide long-lasting, time-release nutrition.

Off the back of the package:

Cottonseed Meal, Blood Meal, Earthworm Castings, Fish Meal, Shrimp Meal, Crab Meal, Bat Guano, Seabird Guano, Kelp Meal, Urea, Ammonium Sulfate, Triple Superphosphate,  Potassium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Sucrate, Manganese Sucrate.
All you really had to say was no thanks.
And regarding cost? pay the shipping and the sample advanced line is FREE.

Always gives me a chuckle when a company follows the word free with the word pay. Looking at the average shipping cost it is around 20 bucks, perhaps more as you move further away from Oregon. They can take the 20 bucks ship it out for 5 and still turn a profit.

Voodoo 6 said:
Always gives me a chuckle when a company follows the word free with the word pay. Looking at the average shipping cost it is around 20 bucks, perhaps more as you move further away from Oregon. They can take the 20 bucks ship it out for 5 and still turn a profit.

People today have no concept of what free means. I check the free area on Craigslist all the time, and there are usually ads for "free firewood" with the condition that you cut the tree down. No sir, that is called quid pro quo, not free. To me, free is something given without obligation.

Well, look at it this way. I did start the thread with "I am starting this thread for us growers who are already using this line as well as those who may in the future." That kinda disqualifies comment #4,#7 and #8.
The product is free, not the privilege of getting it.

sirex said:
Thanks for the tip Capcom.

Damn. Can't even offer something without everyone being pessimistic.
You don't want it, don't got to be a dick.

I don't see anyone being a dick around here. I welcome someone pointing out what they see as a fault, before I spend my money. I actually did some research on this line, after Cap posted this thread; and I thank him for that. But I also thank anyone who has substantive reviews, good or bad. In a day where there are so many snake oil salesmen, I think differing opinions are a good thing.

Myxlplyk said:

I don't see anyone being a dick around here. I welcome someone pointing out what they see as a fault, before I spend my money. I actually did some research on this line, after Cap posted this thread; and I thank him for that. But I also thank anyone who has substantive reviews, good or bad. In a day where there are so many snake oil salesmen, I think differing opinions are a good thing.
As do I. But you didn't contribute any substantive  reviews. You bickered about what you deem as free. If you review my verbiage, you will see I never state absolutely free in which case that would have indicated shipping was free also.
Now, yes the products do seem a little expensive especially if you are buying the 5 gallon bottles. Keep in mind that when using the product, you are using in most cases 1 tsp of each additive to make a gallon of nutrient solution. I am still using my sample pack from the beginning of last year and I grow a lot of plants. In addition, you dont need everything the Oregons only produces. You systematically find what works for what you grow and your area and go with it. That in essence is what this thread was originally intended.
I priced out the 6 main bottles you will get and they came in at just under $100.00 and that is before shipping is added, so you do the math.
Keep this in mind though as you contemplate getting or not getting the ALMOST free samples. a lot of canna growers have the $$$ to use whatever nutrient lines they choose. NFTG is HUGE in that industry.

Myxlplyk said:

CAPCOM said:
As do I. But you didn't contribute any substantive  reviews. You bickered about what you deem as free. If you review my verbiage, you will see I never state absolutely free in which case that would have indicated shipping was free also.
Now, yes the products do seem a little expensive especially if you are buying the 5 gallon bottles. Keep in mind that when using the product, you are using in most cases 1 tsp of each additive to make a gallon of nutrient solution. I am still using my sample pack from the beginning of last year and I grow a lot of plants. In addition, you dont need everything the Oregons only produces. You systematically find what works for what you grow and your area and go with it. That in essence is what this thread was originally intended.
I priced out the 6 main bottles you will get and they came in at just under $100.00 and that is before shipping is added, so you do the math.
Keep this in mind though as you contemplate getting or not getting the ALMOST free samples. a lot of canna growers have the $$$ to use whatever nutrient lines they choose. NFTG is HUGE in that industry.
I agree with Capcom in regards to contributions of substansive reviews. 

Moreover if someone were offering pods would you go on about how you could grow them for cheaper or know somewhere where you could get them for cheaper?

Maybe you're right in that you weren't being a dick.

Maybe I wasn't referring to you though. Maybe I was referring to the post where someone said someone was trying to make a buck off of postage. To me, that sounded condescending. I personally think condescension is dickish.

If you don't want it-move on. I don't believe Capcom is part of some big scam trying to make a buck off of postage. I don't think he'd recommend anything purposefully with that knowledge either. Look at his post history, his involvement with the forum. Look at what he has done since he's been here. His seed train activities etc.

If you don't want it, that's perfectly acceptable. So as I said before, don't be a dick.

Sirex, did you even attempt to read what I wrote? Capcom was never selling anything, just promoting. Never said he was involved with that company. Is that your thing to just go around calling people D_cks because they don't agree with you? Noticed you called another member from Spain a D_ck as well,  can link that if you would like. First off its called a forum, an exchange of ideas. I don't know capcom, he put out an idea and I responded. Its called the internet, don't like it the tissue are on aisle 5.

CAPCOM said:
Well, look at it this way. I did start the thread with "I am starting this thread for us growers who are already using this line as well as those who may in the future." That kinda disqualifies comment #4,#7 and #8.
The product is free, not the privilege of getting it
oh and cap this is for you: saw your post of waiting:

DO NOT advertise/promote in the discussion forums. Please choose the most appropriate forum under the Classified Ads heading. Ads that are posted to discussions will be deleted.

Please be civil. Discussions that turn into flame wars will not be tolerated. Management reserves the right to ban a member at any time. This is a private forum.

this is #4 and #8

I don't think that any of that quote applies. It was not its intention to not bring up a product one is using that that person is not financially gaining from. It is also fairly difficult to flame my own thread. But be my guest, you can take that all that up with Pookie.

Yeah I did. And I apologized over there. But not over here. Cuz you're a dick. Wipe off the tip with your tissues dick.
Don't need you to link me to anything g because I freely admit it.

Done with the condescending attitude?

CAPCOM said:

I didn't bicker about anything regarding your review. I simply stated my opinion on what free means. I have no dog in the high-priced nutes hunt. As it is, azomite, bloodmeal, bonemeal, and kelpmeal are tearing into my wallet. If I don't see any improvement with them, I'm going back to plain old compost, and be happy I get some fruit.

Back