• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Where to buy labels?

Where have you all been getting your labels printed from?  I found a couple sites (onlinelabels.com and lighteninglabels.com).  Has anyone used these sites or can you recommend a better site? 

I used lightning and am very pleased with the labels I received.

if they have an email list to sign up for before you buy you should sign up.  They send out 10% and 15% off sales pretty regularly.

-Alden

I use uprinting as well. You save a ton of money if you buy in bulk, so plan on ordering 1k+ labels otherwise it's not worth it. ALWAYS do a PDF preview when you submit your labels to them. Our labels have a 20% opacity that they just continue to mess up every time.

Just make sure Food Safety/FDA has approved your labels before ordering and check 20 times for typos :)

For Hobby Sauces-
Avery Labels
Free Avery Labels Templates
-do your design using the free templates, on your computer, then load the design onto a thumb drive-
use the local print shop/bigbox printing store for quality laser short-run jobs. 

If you do get to the point of needing 1K+, then look at online sources.  Until then, just use local printing.

I have a good relationship with the local small business print shop.  I buy packets of labels at their store, then go back and have them print up pages of labels as needed.  They will print 1 page or 20, whatever I need.  :cool:

PS- if you have a good color printer, there are many sources of labels, and again, Avery Templates is a great resource.  Using a Spray ClearSeal is another trick for short runs to give the labels more waterproofing, but is not economical for lots pages.

have fun~

Back