• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero leaf disease? Never seen before. Help please.

First, sorry for the crappy picture quality, my camera sucks. A couple days ago I spotted this browning on my Habanero plant and I have never seen it before. Is it a disease of some sort? I searched the net a lot and didn't see anything similar. It is on these top leaves, and a little bit on the lower leaves. The flowers are starting to come out too, so if it's something I can fix that would be great. I believe it started before I gave my plants their scheduled water soluble fertilizer too (I give half the recommended to prevent burn). Thanks.

jC8ERZQ.jpg

nL5O2BD.jpg

Are you sure that's browning and not purpling? Can't really tell from the picture but, if it's the latter, then it's nothing more than the chilli equivalent of a tan.

Well I am pretty sure it's browning, cause these plants have been outside in containers since the middle of May. I know about the purpling but I figured that it wasn't this since they've been outside long enough. I forgot to mention when I sprayed before, it was a bit too early in the day, so those droplet spots showed up which is fine by me, but maybe these spots may have allowed a bacteria?

Lets assume that it isn't purpling, what could it be?

And you don't have to make that unnecessary comment ChileMan, not everyone can just go out and buy a new phone... 

My reaper just did this about a week ago has always been outside in the sun but its gona be its first summer without any babying it around

Well here is the update, it for sure isn't purple sun burn. I am going to guess some form of bacterial leaf spot? This plant was doing fine for the longest time, ugh. Hope you guys have some good news on how to handle this! Thanks

Oh and I do the occassion once or twice a day looking under the leaves for aphids and spider mite webs. At most I see like 1 aphid that i pluck off, nothing else. 

60HU4eC.jpg

VstW6gB.jpg

I could take one but since no one was replying I pruned some of the leaves that looked worse, there's new growth without it, but  some new growth starting to get it. The flowers are starting to sprout out, but if it is a disease it will probably eventually kill it off huh?

man I really don't think I've ever seen that particular splotchyness. First thought sunburn but you are up in Michigan. Someone will chime in though!!

Chileman thanks for the link, but thats not how any of it started. It does not look like those:/ 

Maybe I didn't clean the container good enough? Though I cleaned them all the same way and all my other plants are fine, there was 1 other habanero that started to look bad, but it's doing much better than this one.

I saw today that one pepper is coming out of the flower today, so if it is a disease then it would probably show on that pepper later on huh?

Hi, Did you find out what the brown spots are? I have a "7 Pot Jonah" with exactly the same type of spots on leaves. Plant is in full sun most of the day (Southern Spain so is HOT!) Other than spots looks fairly healthy. (Is dropping few flowers but is starting to fruit)

Back