24 replies to this topic

#21 Mabuse

Mabuse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

Everything is looking great! The cayenne's are looking much more cayenne like to me now. Regarding the 3rd one, i don't know what variety it is, but the change in color looks like normal sunburn to me. (I asked about a similar change in color in my puriras a year ago here and everybody said "sunburn!")

#22 Nicolas_bsas

Nicolas_bsas

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

Well,that actually makes sense, because the black colour is spreading right in the sides of the fruit that are exposed to direct sunlight... So that could be indeed.

But it´s early spring, and the temperature is not so hot... it will raise more than 50% in summer, so what am I supposed to do with the plants? Hide them from the sunlight?

#23 rickster

rickster

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • aka:rickster

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

shade cloth!!!

memory lane is only a 1/4 mile long

#24 Mabuse

Mabuse

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:00 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with this kind of sunburn, the pods are fine, it's sort of a protective reaction i think, some peppers just do that. I wouldn't change anything unless something more serious happens, like sunscald or the leaves wilting.

#25 Nicolas_bsas

Nicolas_bsas

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

Ok... Well, I guess I´ll have to wait and see... It would help to know which kind of peppers I´m dealing with. I will post more photos when I have more of them.

Or in case it actually gets worse, shade cloth will have to do it, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests