wanted WTB CGN21500, Starfish, Aji, blah blah blah

Please let me know if anyone has super flavorful peppers for sale right now. Only my Bih Jolokia is producing right now, and not very many. Austin weather sucks right now.

Thanks!

I think I can scare up a full SFRB of CAP 267 (Similar to Aji Crystal.)  These combine respectable heat and great flavor.

Described at http://www.curiousplants.co.uk/cap267-chilli-seeds---the-worlds-best-chilli-166-p.asp

"World's Best" is a hell of a reach, but they are among my favorite baccatum.  They make an awesome salsa, IMO.

My overwintered plant is by far my most productive here in the Aridzona heat.  Even after last week's 113+, the crazy thing is still flowering.  The Bishop's Hat and Braz Starfish are also producing plenty of pods, they are just a few weeks behind.  The Starfish is seems the most heat resistant - it is covered in hundreds of flowers, even as many dozens of pods are ripening.

Greg sent me some of these last year.  I don't really recall how hot they were but remember that the flavor really spoke to me.   Moderately hot sweet peppers top my list of favorite varieties.   I saved seed and am growing them this year.  Although it will be a while before I have ripe peppers, my plant is loaded with blossoms and small pods.  I'll certainly second Greg's assessment of this pepper.

BTW:  "Thanks again" Greg for introducing me to these peppers.  I see in the link above they are a hybrid pepper.  I wonder what saved seed will produce.  Have you grown from saved seed?

cone9 said:
Greg sent me some of these last year.  I don't really recall how hot they were but remember that the flavor really spoke to me.   Moderately hot sweet peppers top my list of favorite varieties.   I saved seed and am growing them this year.  Although it will be a while before I have ripe peppers, my plant is loaded with blossoms and small pods.  I'll certainly second Greg's assessment of this pepper.

BTW:  "Thanks again" Greg for introducing me to these peppers.  I see in the link above they are a hybrid pepper.  I wonder what saved seed will produce.  Have you grown from saved seed?

I've got some 2nd generation 267s going now. They germinated fine and are growing well.   Will report on the pods when they arrive.  I got my seeds from Coheed (hope he's doing OK, he had some serious "life shit" come his way) who presumably grew at least one more prior generation.

Since my original plant is OP and most of the plant's neighbors are baccatum, some crazy, mutant baccatum super-hybrid is possible. ;)

p.s. to the O.P.
Picked all the ripe pods and only came up with half a box.   :confused:

Back