• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Banned From the Kitchen

I was making a small batch of Orange Habanero Concentrate this past weekend when the little woman and the boy came home. They immediately started coughing and sneezing. She cursed me and whisked the boy up and back out the door. When she did speak to me again it was to tell me that if I EVER cook habaneros in her kitchen again she won't be the one leaving. After reading AJ's thread mentioning the same kind of thing we were wondering, how many of you are banned from the kitchen and what did you do?

not me, but my girl hates when i'm in pepper mode. though, she does like heat. that might be a help with it all. my chick rocks like that.

Nope..I'm single. ;)

Although, I haven't noticed any ill effects when I do whip up sauces or powders. Maybe I'm just ammune...lol!

Not yet, not yet.... I wouldn't have many choices were to go anyway. Okay, I could go to the garden, but that's it.

did get the same sort of reaction when i was dry frying some dried habs (as the recipe stated)!!
I was fine but as soon as the wife or one of the kids came through it was a coughing and spluttering frenzy, and i was wondering was she was going ape! Haven't dry fried to this day lol

I do what I like with peppers in the kitchen but when my brother and his wife came to stay they were coughing and sneezing a lot when I was chopping Scotch Bonnets up and wouldn't come in the kitchen for a while, it gave me a bit of peace for half hour though.

If you put an exhaust fan in the kitchen that works properly, chile preparation of any kind isn't that bad.

No fan, lots of coughing.

I too am banned. I made a hot sauce and my mom had to open all the windows and doors and went upstairs to escape....now I can't make anything outside of pizza if it involves peppers.

willard3 said:
If you put an exhaust fan in the kitchen that works properly, chile preparation of any kind isn't that bad.

No fan, lots of coughing.

We just got a new fan for the kitchen and I didn't have any problems while making my chili-wine....seems Willard is on to something ;)

When my folk's get back I may whip up a sauce and see if they go nuts or if the fan's enough to allow me back into the kitchen.

My gal doesn't ban me from the kitchen as I do all of the cooking. Instead she bans me from the bedroom. I have to give her notice ahead of time when brewing beer or whipping up hot sauce so she can split the scene (go shopping). One time after shrinking her wool pants, I was banned from ever doing laundry again (excellent!!) but that decision has been reversed. I have tried to get banned from house cleaning, taking out the garbage, and all manner of domestic chores however, as yet, I have been a total failure in that regard. When I am about to go into the doghouse my gal often begins with..." honey, you know I love you BUT......." kinda' like some chick on Jerry Springer about to reveal to her boyfriend that she is actually a dude!

Cheers, TB.

I've never had my wife ban me from the kitchen. However, I can most definitely relate. There's been a few times where I've had the caustic pepperfumes even take my lungs over:shocked:. GOOOOOOD stuff later though:hell::lol:. Yeah, we've had to open the windows and put the fans on before. My wifes actually pretty cool in that department. She understands and deals with it. However after I eat hot food and if other "Recreational" activities occur I have to wash my hands several times or I guess I'm by myself..lol!!

Im the one paying the rent, thats what i say!
I nearly killed my self making chilli oil once, got a bit too hot, get a lung full of that up ya!

I just try to do it when the missus and the kids are not home, when i piss her off our bedroom "cuddles" vanish for some strange reason! :)

I live alone, but have animals in the house that I wouldn't want to cause pain to. Their little noses are WAY more sensitive than mine.

I use an open BBQ outside with charcoal to make my pepper dishes. The little bit of smoke from it that happens to waft into the pan gives it a great flavor anyway!

It only gets cold here for a couple weeks a year, so cooking in my covered porch is no problem. The roof of that porch never gets any spider webs. hehe, I don't think they like my pepper dishes!

NatGreenMeds said:
I live alone, but have animals in the house that I wouldn't want to cause pain to. Their little noses are WAY more sensitive than mine.

I use an open BBQ outside with charcoal to make my pepper dishes. The little bit of smoke from it that happens to waft into the pan gives it a great flavor anyway!

It only gets cold here for a couple weeks a year, so cooking in my covered porch is no problem. The roof of that porch never gets any spider webs. hehe, I don't think they like my pepper dishes!

Big fan in the kitchen and i leave the door open or id be a dead man..And Nat not the toast of the local spider Population then :lol:

I have been banned from the kitchen, kissing after hot stuff, and sex as a result of not washing my hands good enough to have them not make everything I touch burn

Back