wine Looking For Muscadine Juice for Wine

If anyone can help me out that would be great,i am looking to buy 20+ gallons of muscadine juice for wine making. Since I live up north I can't get it,so if anyone knows who sells it that would be great,no problem driving a while to get it,i love that stuff.

Thanks

Speaking from muscadine (and scuppernong) country (the juice runs in our veins)… it’s too early in the year for fresh juice. The fresh crops start to trickle into the market about mid-August and generally run through September. I have seen some later crops show up for sale into October a few times. (strange weather that year, later maturing varieties, or possibly just refrigerated harvest to sell later… can’t say for sure) The standard though is the short window from August through September.

So... fresh from the vine and sweetened by the sun isn’t a reality right now – only thing I could find is the option to purchase frozen must and/or juice. Through just a quick online search I only came up with the option to buy frozen from this single farm in NC. I’m betting most of the harvest here in SC gets made into wine (as well as juice, jellies, jams, etc… and of course fresh fruit galore!) here in state, so there may not even be any left that people freeze to sell in the first place. (There may be others… people on wine making forums/groups or even calling some muscadine farms and asking directly if they know of any others might be a good option)

Don’t know if they ship or pick-up only; but they’d probably be a good source to just find out about the whole nature of keeping some of the harvest back and freezing it for wine makers, etc. in general. Good luck in your quest. Now I’m all craving some grapes…  :drooling:  :cool:

http://www.benjaminvineyards.com/5.html

Thanks for the reply, that was the only one I came up with also.Contacted them and they said they will be harvesting and juicing after labor day. They did have 5 pails left after someone canceled an order but not sure if they could ship it. I'm in NY so it wouldn't be a quick trip for me. Will go down around labor day. If you find any others please let me know.

Thanks

Back