• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Dreaded Black Spots

After all the work for this one single plant I'm seeing spots. Could it be sunburn? mold? and BER? Please check the pics

Should I be watering when the leaves wilt which is daily now ? Any help to save the pods would be helpful. Oh yeah, new baby pods are developing as well

Very disapointed

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1386.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1387.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1388.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/harris_/Bhut Jolokia/IMG_1389.jpg

damn !

thats a real bummer... i am growing a few Bhuts as well, and i am no expert, wish i could help because i know the feeling..

someone here will help you for you...

nice looking pods / plants other then the little wilting ( not much, i would nt be too worried about that ) and brown spots on pods...

spray them with neem oil and water less... thats all i can offer you..

I bet you it is from overwatering...the black spot, the fruit rot down near the tip...symptoms of root rot...the next symptom is the ends of the new growth will start to wilt and die off....been there, done that this year...recommend getting a moisture meter of some sorts and measure the moisture 4-6" deep...only water if it is dry there....

I would also recommend using 1 Tbsp peroxide per gallon to your next couple of waterings to the affected plants...JMO

AJ, Do you think the peroxide will help save them or are they all doomed?

Should I pluck a few of the mature green ones that don't have the spots?

Thanks for the info

every plant is worth trying to save...if it is root rot, the peroxide will kill the fungus...question is, how far has the fungus gotten to clogging up the tubing of the plants...if you have just noticed these things, you probably have a good shot at saving the plants...but you have to be diligent with the treatment...again, this is my opinion, others may differ......

I was starting to get root rot and a wilt on a plant a while ago. I tried the mycostop and the stuff works GREAT!! I have bacterial leaf spot now, but mycostop doesn't work for that. (The copper fungicide I ordered keeps it under control though.) Mycostop is a one time treatment with the spores and it works to keep root rot type problems away. It doesn't kill the good bacteria either.

Dem chiles are tuff, if ya can catch problems early, chances are ya cna correct 'em. I've neer seen that, but AJ has had "good" experience wiht that sorta thing.

(very glad I grow in controlled enviroment now)

I'd remove affected pods though.

GL,

QS

rabbit said:
I was starting to get root rot and a wilt on a plant a while ago. I tried the mycostop and the stuff works GREAT!! I have bacterial leaf spot now, but mycostop doesn't work for that. (The copper fungicide I ordered keeps it under control though.) Mycostop is a one time treatment with the spores and it works to keep root rot type problems away. It doesn't kill the good bacteria either.

Where did you purchase it from? Online or agro store?

Thanks for the help ya'll

harris said:
Where did you purchase it from? Online or agro store?

Thanks for the help ya'll

Not a problem man. I bought it from the Peaceful Valley Farm and Garden Supply. I came across them on-line. The Catalog says GrowOrganic.com. I don't know if it's all lower case or not, but that's what it says on the catalag.

I had a couple of peppers on one of my bhut plants do the same thing. It was on the first peppers on the plant. After that, they have looked good and i didn't do anything different or spray them with anything. Also it only happened to the plants I had in pots and not the ones planted in the ground.

ddrsheden said:
I had a couple of peppers on one of my bhut plants do the same thing. It was on the first peppers on the plant. After that, they have looked good and i didn't do anything different or spray them with anything. Also it only happened to the plants I had in pots and not the ones planted in the ground.

Thanks ddrsheden,

I've just removed 13 infected pods in various stages of maturity.
Green ,orange, red,. I used a treatment of peroxide as AJ suggested 1 tbl spoon per 1 gallon to see if it will help. I do have another 34 pods that seem unaffected and hopefully they'll make it. This plant is in a pot by the way.Plant continues to sprout new flowers and pods. I alos used some of the treatment water as a foliar spray because I read where some crop growers have used it that way with mixed results.

I'll keep you guys updated as I navigate the infection.

Back