• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wild Purple Guatemalan Pepper (review of plant/pod)

Very nice review. I purchased seeds for this pepper from Puckerbutt, unfortunately only 3 seeds germinated and none were purple. I gave 2 plants away and the one I still have looks more like a tepin with green stems, green leaves, and round pods. The plant and pods in your video was what I expected would grow when I purchased the seeds. Maybe there was a seed mixup.

Pepperhead1989 said:
At about 2:20 i was wondering if you almost got sick by the look on your face and at 3:05 i realized why you had that look haha. Great video, subscribed.
Yeah eating a mouth full of seeds kind of sucks lol. Many thanks my friend!!!
cloudhand said:
Very nice review. I purchased seeds for this pepper from Puckerbutt, unfortunately only 3 seeds germinated and none were purple. I gave 2 plants away and the one I still have looks more like a tepin with green stems, green leaves, and round pods. The plant and pods in your video was what I expected would grow when I purchased the seeds. Maybe there was a seed mixup.
I will do a small give-away this season of seeds from the plant I have, will send you some if you want. :)

mpicante said:
Very nice review Steve,good job.Must say that was a really cool pod with that dark or purple calyx and stem.
Thanks for tuning in my friend, trying to do videos that show plant and pod tests. We see so many ppl review the pod but never the plant or flowers...guess I'm just a pepper nerd lol.

standbyandfire said:
Yeah eating a mouth full of seeds kind of sucks lol. Many thanks my friend!!!

I will do a small give-away this season of seeds from the plant I have, will send you some if you want. :)

That is awesome! I appreciate the offer. Please let me know when seeds are available!

Back