• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Things Going As Planned...Made it thru August

I had good luck with my annuums and some of the chinense species before the extreme dry hot weather of July and August hit...I was hoping to just get the plants thru those two months into September so they would fluorish....and fluorishing they are...there are more tiny peppers than I can count on my chinense now...just hope I can get one last final good crop before winter sets in....

Dorset Naga...or at least that is what I thought it was...seeds from Ebay so no telling what they really are...regardless, they are superhot and this plant is loaded...

090508aDorsetNaga.jpg

7 Pot....Trini did me really good on these seeds...the base of the setm is over 1" diameter and you can see how big and bushy these plants are...they are absolutely loaded with flowers/buds and tiny fruit...

090508a7Pot.jpg

Mystery Plant from Beth...anyone care to take a guess at what kind of peppers these are?

090508aBethMystery.jpg

Wild Brazilian...have no clue as to the heat of these peppers but it won't be long before I try them...look at all the flowers/buds...

090508aWildBrazilian.jpg

I have not had a good year on Jalapenos at all so far but it looks like I am going to have a bunch of Japs in just a little bit...

090508aJalapenoM.jpg

and finally my Serrano...I have picked a bunch of Serrano Del Sols and am disappointed in the heat level...they have a great taste but are only about half as hot as a Jap...these are standard Serranos and I will have a good many in a few weeks...

090508aSerrano.jpg

Not impressed with the Serrano Del Sol`s then A.J Think ill stick with the standard..Did wonder what the Del Sol`s might be like..Love Your Serrano BUSH :)

cmpman1974 said:
Wow, your garden is a jungle of pods AJ. Very impressive. I bet the neighbors would have fun strolling through. :)

Chris

Thanks Chris...I think my plants are healthier and look better than they have all year...this cooler weather is making them thrive...I keep all my gates locked all the time to keep people out and am going to check the city code to see if I can put up an 8' privacy fence....don't have to worry about a neighborhood association because I chose not to join their clic...(read...I like my privacy)

talas said:
Not impressed with the Serrano Del Sol`s then A.J Think ill stick with the standard..Did wonder what the Del Sol`s might be like..Love Your Serrano BUSH :)

no sir, not impressed at all...I grew the serranos blindly picking seeds from different suppliers and didn't read the heat levels...mistake....I wanted them for salsa to add heat to the japs...I am using O. Habs added to the Japs now in Pico and the wife actually loves it...She is becoming a real pepperhead...

that "bush" is actually 3 plants pretty close together...I like to grow them close together because of the strength they get from each other...

Its a damn fine idea there A.J putting so close like that..Will certainly help strengthen the plants from extreme weather..Going to try that next year and Serrano bush just makes my mouth water :rolleyes:

Your plants are massive and very healthy AJ. I'm growing White Habs where the seeds were from ebay but I shared them with someone else and who was growing in hydro so they grew pods before mine did and said they'd turned out as some kind of Yellow Hab. I complained to the seller (a company), ranting and raving and all that (a bit like now, he, he) that he'd sold seeds that were not what they should be. Anyway to cut this long story a bit shorter mine turned out to be White Habs and are loaded and hot :)

thats cool RB...the little white habs I have are loaded with pods and ripe fruit but they have ripened to a light golden color....

Mine are yellowy coloured too as White Habs often are but not bright yellow and Orange Hab type shaped like his were. I wish I could mix your weather with the UK weather.

all I know is those little white peppers have a pretty good punch to them...

this is my favorite time of the year here in Fort Worth...we usually have a long fall...watch me jinx myself...I should be able to grow outside until the end of November....

Some of my chilli plants don't have a choice, they're outside whatever but I don't think I'll be getting much from them. My White Habs look like this AJ, a bit small bit tasty.

19072008265.jpg

Wow AJ all those plants look amazingly healthy and huge! Being able to grow till November you should have some huge harvests this fall. Hope you don't mind but I love my white habs just like everyone else.
IMG_1006.jpg

Looking spectacular as always AJ. Serrano has become my favorite pepper and they are just now starting on their second full fruiting. Harvested around thirty peppers first time around and now there are more than sixty tiny pods coming in. I can not wait.

Wow A.J you have some huge nice looking plant what ever you feed those plants they come alone very well awesome.

Great looking plants. Here in Colorado where I live, I'll be lucky to have my peppers make it until the end of this month. Already have night time temps in the low 40's (F). Hope yours will make November.

Wow AJ, what a jungle ! Congratulations ! I never thought that it would be possible to have such lush plants after your torrid summer ! I'm really amazed ! Marveled ! :clap: :clap::clap:

Your private jungle is nothing less than amazing!!!

Your extended season (being about two months longer than ours) helps a lot I guess. I really hope I can keep my plants outdoors for at least another month, preferrably longer than that! :)

I am considering using larger containers for some plants next year, hoping they'll grow bigger.

thanks again all...I have to say this one more time...I know I have said it over and over again, but without this forum, I would be no where near where I am now...

had to post a pic of some of the bell peppers I am growing for the wife...she loves them...and I kinda like them...

090608a001.jpg

Chiliac...next year I will grow all my chinense in larger containers...the 5 gallon ones are simply not big enough to support the plants IMO...the 5 gallon ones are fine for Annuums...

I am going to use at least 7 gallon and maybe 10 gallon containers...

Back