• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Carolina Reaper

Hello everyone, I have many peppers in the garden, habaneros, scorpions, ghosts, and the Carolina, but i noticed my reaper is not growing, she is still the same size maybe 2 inches taller since I got her 1 month ago. she just got moved to a bed from a 5 gl bucket. We used compost and worm castings all organic soil. Can anyone assist me? she is really green just not growing like my other peppers.

How tall is it now? pics with a common object for reference is great. Have you been feeding? whats been the current weather situation? What kind and how much sunlight is available?

Sounds pretty normal -- a couple inches of top growth in a month right after being transplanted is not bad -- figure it is going to spend awhile growing new roots and getting itself established in it's new home and depending on how much root damage was suffered in the transplant and how the new area differs from the location it was in that could take several weeks just to get adjusted. I'd give it some time and it will probably get going.

JDFan said:
Sounds pretty normal -- a couple inches of top growth in a month right after being transplanted is not bad -- figure it is going to spend awhile growing new roots and getting itself established in it's new home and depending on how much root damage was suffered in the transplant and how the new area differs from the location it was in that could take several weeks just to get adjusted. I'd give it some time and it will probably get going.

This,  exactly. Perfectly normal

I have a few plants that seem to be growing in slow motion compared to the ones growing around it. Weird, but I guess normal!

JDFan said:

Phil said:

This,  exactly. Perfectly normal
Yeah, except it sounds like it is the only plant that has grown 2 inches. By comparison, what have her other plants done in the last month. My plants usually go crazy with a transplant.

What JDfan said, but more.  If you hit certain weather conditions the super hots tend to just sort of stall, then rush forward, then stall.  It is kind of fun.  Like going out to your zucchini after a good rain and wondering where the heck they came from.

Back