• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Tommys South Texas Glog 16

ok so I figure it's a little late for a glog, so here's what I've been up to in the past year. Starting with the last pic of the babies under lights before they moved outside. Might need some bumpage, quite a few pics.

FTRI6na.jpg

7ufxFnd.jpg

nx8KVi5.jpg

uBIk5Fh.jpg

awCQWbE.jpg

GJTqRM4.jpg

rUSheBS.jpg

rupSBvN.jpg

b1Nil3V.jpg

More pepper pics to follow!

Noah Yates said:
Im feeling the Bern!
Very nice garden.
Right on! It's really been my best year for peppers, and this bed is mostly to thank for it. Awesome soil with a few organic additions, haven't had to spray for anything. The pvc drip line and 16" depth are huge factors. My spacing is a little off, and a few plants are kind of shallow, but other than that, bangarang

Bhuter said:
Wow! Everything looks fantastic! I can't wait to see some more pod pics. Excellent job!
-Adam
Your wish is my command

JqBzTvy.jpg

yaDCLOM.jpg

B9O9EoM.jpg

OLKNtIt.jpg

27QOdvg.jpg

ECTGg1s.jpg

Mh6qW8F.jpg

UigesZu.jpg

S5g0m0t.jpg

That's what I've got so far. The harvests have been insane! Since I've taken these, I've added another gallon bag full to the freezer. Almost two full bags of just chocolates. Chocolate habs and datils are by far my best producers. I'll be making some puree and pickleze over the next couple days, so I'll probably rename this topic and just continue to post pics here, unless boss says otherwise. Thanks for tuning in!

Beautiful! Chocolate habs are one of my favorite. Especially on burgers. Never had Datil, but I've heard great things. Very nice harvest!

-Adam

Bhuter said:
Beautiful! Chocolate habs are one of my favorite. Especially on burgers. Never had Datil, but I've heard great things. Very nice harvest!
-Adam
Yeah man these chocolate habs are fantastic and extremely productive. The datils have an amazing fruity flavor with a decent amount of heat without being painful. Can't wait to process everything, I've found so many recipes here to keep me busy through the summer stall

G.G Allin said:
Beautiful garden. What's your freezing method?
Throw em in a freezer bag and toss em in the freezer! I made notes last year to cut in half, de-stem and get seeds first before freezing. I forgot. So I'll be doing that with my fall harvests. Just cuts down on a lot of processing time when the time comes
Btw, awesome user name.

wiriwiri said:
You have 3 likes from me...the Sign;the Garden & of course the Peppers...very healthy plants...berry nice! ;) 
You're too kind!

Chewi said:
Damn Tommy you are killing it down there. I must have missed these pics on FB.
Haha I just measured out my freezer stock, almost 10lbs so far! Also, I have a dedicated fb page now called PepperJax Farms. Check it out! I may not have all these pics on there, but most of them are. Also Instagram @tomfrankwill if you're into that sorta thang

twilliams386 said:
Throw em in a freezer bag and toss em in the freezer! I made notes last year to cut in half, de-stem and get seeds first before freezing. I forgot. So I'll be doing that with my fall harvests. Just cuts down on a lot of processing time when the time comes
Btw, awesome user name.
thanks on the name. So you don't blanch them first? I've never done it before but I wanted to and it seemed like that's what most ppl online did. I dont want to blanch them so I was seeing how ur method worked.

G.G Allin said:
thanks on the name. So you don't blanch them first? I've never done it before but I wanted to and it seemed like that's what most ppl online did. I dont want to blanch them so I was seeing how ur method worked.
Nope I've never blanched before freezing. It works great for dehydrating, sauces, anything that doesn't require the crispness of a fresh pepper since they do thaw a little soggy. But they keep flavor and heat just fine

seasmoke said:
Just amazing plants and crop, thanks for posting, excellent ! Raised bed next year for me.
Haha thank you! I'm pretty taken back with how well everything's been going. Trying to stay on guard though, it could all go away before the fall gets here

Back