•  

The 10th Annual Hot Pepper Awards Winners Announced!

Photo

How to smoke salt?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 twilliams386

twilliams386

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • aka:TW

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

fresh from my freezer.

Excellent news as I have a full freezer. You said you had everything in a jar, then mixed and smoked. Did you discard the peppers or actually blend them up with the salt?

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 Neel

Neel

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

Looking good. Absolutely love smoked salt, that + some hotsauce on a fried egg..........  :dance:

#23 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 36,427 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x2)

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

Dang it your always right lol.

Quoted for posterity. :D :rofl:

PS, if you're going to take phone pics and upload direct to site w/o editing I suggest landscape mode so it won't upload sideways. If you do edit them later, there should not be an issue and when you click save, it should save in the current aspect.

I want that salami.

#24 jedisushi06

jedisushi06

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts
  • aka:Mikey or Sushi Mike

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

Excellent news as I have a full freezer. You said you had everything in a jar, then mixed and smoked. Did you discard the peppers or actually blend them up with the salt?

this was course pink salt so i blended like 8-10 pods with about 2 cups of salt then let it sit in a jar for a while.  Longer might give it better pepper color.  I'm going to test this theory out sunday when i have time to smoke more salt.  Thinking red pods and cherry wood and also using more pods to salt ratio. 

This stuff wasn't over smoked which was good but could have gone another hour also for more smoke flavor but i;m glad you can still taste the chocolate super hot flavor still and then the smoke.  

Quoted for posterity. :D :rofl:

PS, if you're going to take phone pics and upload direct to site w/o editing I suggest landscape mode so it won't upload sideways. If you do edit them later, there should not be an issue and when you click save, it should save in the current aspect.

excellent thanks.  

#25 twilliams386

twilliams386

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • aka:TW

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

Awesome. I'm gonna have to try it out this weekend. Got so many processing tasks to experiment with, can't wait! What kind of chocolates did you use? I've got some choc bhut, choc fatalii and choc habanero, might do a mix. First, to find that salt

#26 jedisushi06

jedisushi06

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

Awesome. I'm gonna have to try it out this weekend. Got so many processing tasks to experiment with, can't wait! What kind of chocolates did you use? I've got some choc bhut, choc fatalii and choc habanero, might do a mix. First, to find that salt

look on amazon prime for bulk salt.  I used a mix of chocolates, mostly hybrids.

#27 JoynersHotPeppers

JoynersHotPeppers

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:36 AM

look on amazon prime for bulk salt.  I used a mix of chocolates, mostly hybrids.

Mikey strain is looking good hahahahahha

heatmadesimple.com

Instagram and Twitter @JoynerHotPepper

#28 jedisushi06

jedisushi06

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:33 AM

Second attempt is jalapeño salt. Going to let this one sit for a while then dry it out with the sun then applewood smoke
image.jpeg

Edited by jedisushi06, 30 July 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#29 jedisushi06

jedisushi06

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:02 PM

maybe smoke with cheese cloth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users