• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

great foliage but no blooms

i have 3 plants that have great vegetation but no blooms or very few... i did my own mix of black cow, peat moss. i added vegetone and bonemeal.
i have done this with all my plants (30 total). but these three are the only ones that do not have blooms and they are way past the mature stage.
like i said i have great vegetation growth just no flowers.

It might be too much nitrogen. I'm a noob, but I found this out through experience last year.

Hopefully others with much more experience will be able to pinpoint your problem.

ok heres the pictures... one plant is a reaper, moruga and a chocolate hab. they are all in pots and all in the same area as my other 27 plants. i have no sign of nitrogen def due to the deep green foliage. i have fed with bone meal fish emulsion (that has been a few weeks since i last did.) and epsom salts. all my plants are in pots

http://imgur.com/a/Z0UnX

Man those do have awesome foliage. What's weather been like? I agree that it could be a bit rich in nitrogen, or maybe that particular spot gets a little less Sun than the others? I've found that a little stress helps to produce flowers and fruits. How much direct Sun would you say these get?

Cut down nitrogen (bone meal) and maybe move to more open/sunny position? They look a little 'stretched' but healthy.

Datil

twilliams386 said:
Man those do have awesome foliage. What's weather been like? I agree that it could be a bit rich in nitrogen, or maybe that particular spot gets a little less Sun than the others? I've found that a little stress helps to produce flowers and fruits. How much direct Sun would you say these get?
they get direct sun from rise till about noon. i had them in direct sun (all day) and they didnt produce due to the stress. moved them into the shade where they will get sun and shade and they exploded. but as far as the weather goes, its been brutally hot, hardly any cloud cover and rain is non existent for the past 2 months
http://imgur.com/a/6SzfJ

this was my first harvest from monday (7/25)

rebman2005 said:
they get direct sun from rise till about noon. i had them in direct sun (all day) and they didnt produce due to the stress. moved them into the shade where they will get sun and shade and they exploded. but as far as the weather goes, its been brutally hot, hardly any cloud cover and rain is non existent for the past 2 monthshttp://imgur.com/a/6SzfJthis was my first harvest from monday (7/25)
Sounds similar to our weather lately. Give em time. You're set up for a good fall harvest

I had a great deal of leaves last year but hardly any flowers or fruit. I was using Chilli Focus as nute.

This year hasn't gone that well, but I have managed to reduce the amount of foliage by switching to a highter P-K value fert and so far I have a good amount of flower buds and a few immature fruits.

I'd say that it's worth looking at the NPK values of your fertiliser and tweak it a little. I hope you get the results you are after :)

Back