• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

It was labeled "Naga Jolokia"

I was given a few seedlings labeled "Naga Jolokia" that came from a reputable seed bank, and judging by the name I assumed it's of the same family if not the same with "Bhut Jolokia", "Bih jolokia" as some say it's the same pepper variety that is named different. But now that I see the fruits being set I wonder if it's the one. I also heard there's a Naga Jolkia PC-1 (Tezpur) which have similar form of peppers as mine, but they don't grow upwards like mine. 

Any idea on what kind of Naga Jolokia that is? I have 5 plants and all look the same.

Yes, that looks like an Annuum with upward growing pods. The Naga Jolokia Tezpur PC-1 is an Annuum with upward growing pods, although I'm not sure if they normally grow in bunches like yours seem to be. If you got your "Naga Jolokia" seeds from a reputable seed bank as you say, then I would expect that is what you received. Neil Smith did a YouTube review of the pepper here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92RMpJ6_O24  He shows the plant with ripe pods on it at 0:49 

Not a Naga NEITHER a PC-1.
Seems a generic cluster type c.annuum, i've grown a similar thai pepper a couple seasons ago.
What's the 'reputable' vendor? It's allowed to tell here...

Datil

Looks just like my Chi Chien plants. The Chi Chien Pepper is a long thin medium red pepper that produces an abundance of peppers per plant. Each pepper is approximately 2 1/4″ by 1/2″. This plant grows in clusters of green, then orange, then red in color when mature. They have thin skin and a vibrant red color pepper against the green foliage and stem. The flowers on this plant are white.

spicefreak said:
I've seen numerous places displaying a "Naga Jolokia Purple" that looks like this but, given how it's not even the same species, let alone pod shape, I have no idea how it got that name.
Yes, that's what I've seen as well, but definitely not purple.

BlackFatalii said:
Yes, that looks like an Annuum with upward growing pods. The Naga Jolokia Tezpur PC-1 is an Annuum with upward growing pods, although I'm not sure if they normally grow in bunches like yours seem to be. If you got your "Naga Jolokia" seeds from a reputable seed bank as you say, then I would expect that is what you received. Neil Smith did a YouTube review of the pepper here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92RMpJ6_O24  He shows the plant with ripe pods on it at 0:49 
Exactly, the PC-1 doesn't grow in bunches like the one's I've got, but the pods look similar. Yes, I was trusting it's some other type of Naga Jolokia maybe, after all Jolokia simply means pepper and Naga comes from the Naga warriors, so I thought there must be some other local variety named the same.

Datil said:
Not a Naga NEITHER a PC-1.
Seems a generic cluster type c.annuum, i've grown a similar thai pepper a couple seasons ago.
What's the 'reputable' vendor? It's allowed to tell here...

Datil
There's a chance that my friend who I got the seedlings from simply mixed something up and indeed now that I searched for thai peppers I found some Thai Hot variety that look similar. The seeds came from Kokopelli - french non-profit association that distributes organic seeds of heirloom varieties.

sail&brew said:
Looks just like my Chi Chien plants. The Chi Chien Pepper is a long thin medium red pepper that produces an abundance of peppers per plant. Each pepper is approximately 2 1/4″ by 1/2″. This plant grows in clusters of green, then orange, then red in color when mature. They have thin skin and a vibrant red color pepper against the green foliage and stem. The flowers on this plant are white.
Indeed, quite similar looks as well, though the skin is not so thin. 

Thank you all! I'll keep you posted if I find exactly what it is.

Back