• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Carolina Reaper

Hello,

Bought the seeds from a UK webshop as Carolina Reaper, but they dont quite look like CR to me. Any ideas if they are CR, or what kind of peppers if not?
image.jpg

thank you!

Yea they look nice and might be very hot based on the looks :)
On the other hand, I really wanted CR for the looks this year :( will need to find 100% reliable source for the next season.
And also it bugs me that I dont know what it is despite the helpful posts of you guys.

Tried the 1st one of them today :)
Moruglah_kis.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the 1st time I ever tried a superhot, so nothing to compare to. But tried to be cautious, so I did only cut a slice not much thicker than the knife itself. Then started to eat it, and within a second or 2 felt my tongue started to burn, followed by my throat right after :D My head and neck started to sweat like hell followed by a runny nose ofcourse. Otherwise it had a lovely sweet, fruity taste, I love it. It has a very strong "hot pepper" scent, noticable from 2 metres away...Will keep for next year for sure even if it's not CR :)

balages74 said:
Tried the 1st one of them today :)
Unfortunately, this is the 1st time I ever tried a superhot, so nothing to compare to. But tried to be cautious, so I did only cut a slice not much thicker than the knife itself. Then started to eat it, and within a second or 2 felt my tongue started to burn, followed by my throat right after :D My head and neck started to sweat like hell followed by a runny nose ofcourse. Otherwise it had a lovely sweet, fruity taste, I love it. It has a very strong "hot pepper" scent, noticable from 2 metres away...Will keep for next year for sure even if it's not CR :)

Try drying them in future. I find the lack of flowing juice tames the experience and lets you get a better idea of flavour, even if there are some small changes to it in the process.

Back