• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

been using Neptune's, time to switch?

I've been using Neptune's Fish and Seaweed 2-3-1 and CalMag on my pepper plants. They look healthy!

I'm wondering if I should be switching to something a little higher in PK towards at this point in the season.

Was thinking about Epsoma Tomato Tone 3-4-6.

Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Sounds good. Seems that most people try to lay off on feeding extra nitrogen to their plants during flowering/pod forming stages. Nitrogen encourages mostly leaf growth. I'd probably go with a mix with even lower nitrogen, maybe a 1-3-2. They make specific blossom boosters if you think you need it.

However I've read that the phosphorous can stick around in the soil, so use it sparingly. 

I usually start out with Neptune's and then switch when fruiting. Don't forget about calcium to stop BER. I looked high and low to figure out how much calcium was in this before settling on it. I don't have access to my notes right now so I don't have the link to where I finally ran across it, but it has 8% calcium!

Back