• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Damn it, frost on Tuesday, what are my options?

Sitting in front of the tv watching the news this evening, heard the dreaded word "frost" mentioned for Tuesday morning.

I've got about 20 plants sitting outside already, what are my options apart from dragging them all into garage overnight?

are they in containers ? if so I'd bring them inside the garage or house.
if in the ground, depending on how bad the frost will be some kind of sheet will work for a light frost or some buckets to put over the plants for a little heavier frost. but if it gets really cold the sheet or buckets wont help.

They have in nurseries some kind protecting sheet for against the frost like cheese cloth very soft that want harm the plant but will allow the light to the plant.

MiLK_MaN said:
Sitting in front of the tv watching the news this evening, heard the dreaded word "frost" mentioned for Tuesday morning.

I've got about 20 plants sitting outside already, what are my options apart from dragging them all into garage overnight?

I'd take it on the chin and haul em inside.

The nearest weather station to me is about 10 kms, and they are reporting 2°C overnight temperatures for tomorrow. I like near a very deep gorge, so I don't think its a good idea to risk leaving them outside if a medium to hard frost can still kill the plants with the above suggestions

Back