• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this normal for Ghost Peppers?

Hello all,

This summer I started growing my first hot peppers. Due to lack of space at my current residence, I decided to go the potted route.  I decided upon growing jalapenos, serranos, habaneros, ghost peppers, and some generic chiles that can be dried to make red pepper flakes. All my plants seem to be doing great. I have gotten jalapenos, serranos, and some chiles. My habaneros and ghost peppers are maturing nicely but are still green.

TLTR:
Recently, I noticed a couple of my ghost pepper pods starting to have a sort of brown shading to them. I looked this up but could only find results for brown spotting on leaves. Upon further inspection, I found a few leaves where this may be true but am unsure. My question is if this discoloration is normal. It only seems to affect 1 of my 2 plants for now. There are larger and smaller pods as well that still look great too, so I am lost as to what it may be. Below is a link to a photo:

http://imgur.com/euqPblK

Looks like normal "sun tan" on the pods, nothing to worry about as far as I can tell from that pic. A closer pic of that one pod may help more though

Back