• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jalapeño plant diseased?

My friend your plant looks like it has some variety of a virus. Sadly there is no cure for a viral infection. The swirl circles look as the classic symptem. Is your plant stunted and wilting throughout the day?

Yes, you can eat them, but if you have other plants that are not infected, they will soon! I have alot of plants and if one was infected i would pull the whole plant, i would remove every leaf that fell and at least two feet of soil in all directions and throw it in the trash. The tobacco industry used to burn there fields and abandon them when this happend. Some viruses can last a half a century in the soil.

If you have other plants, get that plant away from them. Like lovepeppers said, it's not a good thing. It isn't dangerous to us but it is to your plants. 

Good to know! Thank you very much, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to eat the new crop. Does anyone know the exact virus that is affecting it? I want to know how to prevent it in the future. 

Back