• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Mexican Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
This is the MEXICAN THROWDOWN!

Anything Mexican!

• Authentic/Traditional Mexican
  • American Mexican (a la hard shell, taco meat)
  • Tex-Mex
  • Cal-Mex
  • New Mexican (New Mexico State Mexican)
  • Mexican-To-You (Whatever you consider Mexican food to be but tell us why.)
  • Food of Mexico (You know, Mexicans eat more than what we call Mexican, so if you know of a dish from Mexico or you had in Mexico that is normally prepared there and is not another cuisine, it is Mexican. Tell us about it!)

No questions please. Just ask yourself if it is Mexican. Yes? Great!

Presentation is whatever can fit on one plate and up to two side plates (bowls etc.). Sauces/salsas and condiments notwithstanding.

Bev, beer and cocktails allowed. :)

CLICK: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
Title your entries, list all ingredients and cooking methods. Exact measurements please where applicable.
One main plate and two side plates (smaller in size) max. Multiple items per plate allowed. Sauces/salsas and condiments notwithstanding.
PoL: $.55 (PoL only needs to be shown ONCE in a pic with all or a majority of the ingredients used, or in a final presentation pic of the main entry, preferably not on the plate. International may round up or down.)
PIC ALLOWANCE:  10 pics. Remember some prep/cooking shots are "money" and look good in your final post. It doesn't have to all be final presentation.
ENDS SUNDAY 11:59 PM EDT

BEGIN!

trump_taco_bowl.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:

I try to make the requirements as flexible as possible and still...

jedisushi06 said:
making green chile pork posole this weekend, does that count?

:lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
PS. In Mexico it is spelled pozole. Hint.

AND "New Mexican" is allowed.

I swear people don't read. Uggh.
yeah i read that part about new mexican but that word gets thrown around as far as what is considered mexican and new mexican dishes.  Probably won't have time to post anything anyway,  good luck to all.   

Doesn't matter what words get thrown around. That's why I said THIS! :D

The Hot Pepper said:

• Mexican-To-You (Whatever you consider Mexican food to be but tell us why.)

Tried to make it as user-friendly as possible. But that never seems to be the case. :mope:

Scovie is making mole mole.

Pozole (Nahuatl: pozolli About this sound po'solːi (help·info), var: pozolé, pozolli, or posole ),[1][2] which means "hominy", is a traditional soup or stew from Mexico

Jedi I expect to see an entry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back