• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Topped TOO MANY

I topped too many plants this year. Put 4 feet between the plants. Now I have half the plants 4 to 5 feet wide and 3 to 4.5 feet tall. The ones I did not top are prodecing less. I would have to next year have the topped rows 6 feet apart or more. Here's the photo. The one plant shown is a wartryx 3 x 4 and growing with around 30 big pods.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 46
Oh, you poor thing!  :P  I know it's going to be more of a hassle to harvest pods, but look at it this way: your plants look killer! So danged bushy....You're going to have some fun, crawling around in there, picking a bunch of badazz chiles...

96strat said:
I topped too many plants this year. Put 4 feet between the plants. Now I have half the plants 4 to 5 feet wide and 3 to 4.5 feet tall. The ones I did not top are prodecing less. I would have to next year have the topped rows 6 feet apart or more. Here's the photo. The one plant shown is a wartryx 3 x 4 and growing with around 30 big pods.
What do you use for a soil mixture/amendments on those monsters?

Those look great. I use to top. My growing season is short, so I don't any more. If anything, I do the low stress training. Your plants look fantastic. Your going to get some great pod's. I've seen some topped plants make some great bonchi's.

Back