• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Chocolate Habanero , not Chocolate?

Hi guys, I grow Two Chocolate Habanero Plant which looks same but peppers looks different. Someone can tell me If its really chocolate Habanero ? 

Photos of big plant which really looks like Chocolate Habanero

And this one looks different, bottom isnt flat but pointed.

What it can be ? or its just normal? Please Help me with this !
Its weird that this peppers grow to the top.But not every.

They do both look very "Habish" But its impossible to tell what they are going to be before changing color. Be patient, i'd bet they'll start to change in the next couple weeks. But honestly if you didnt get the seeds from a reputable dealer theres a good chance you just received a hodge podge of Hab seeds. Same thing happened to me two years ago when i ordered Scorpions. Also with these odd color habs (Mustard, Chocolate, Black etc) even though they are relatively stable theres always the chance of getting red/orange etc. So only time will tell really. Either way other than they difference in heat the Red and Orange Habs are delicious. Especially the Caribbean Reds, they are one of my favorite peppers. Happy growing! Update the post when the peppers start changing colors!

rkempston said:
They do both look very "Habish" But its impossible to tell what they are going to be before changing color. Be patient, i'd bet they'll start to change in the next couple weeks. But honestly if you didnt get the seeds from a reputable dealer theres a good chance you just received a hodge podge of Hab seeds. Same thing happened to me two years ago when i ordered Scorpions. Also with these odd color habs (Mustard, Chocolate, Black etc) even though they are relatively stable theres always the chance of getting red/orange etc. So only time will tell really. Either way other than they difference in heat the Red and Orange Habs are delicious. Especially the Caribbean Reds, they are one of my favorite peppers. Happy growing! Update the post when the peppers start changing colors!
ok Thanks for answer. :) 

Patience, plants may grow very different shaped pods from the first sets to the final harvest. Nutrients, environment and water availability can all have impacts as well.

Back