Hello from Japan

Hi everyone, Im Pole but I live in Japan with my japanese wife. 
I love gardening. I growing japanese melons, many kind of watermelons, many another plants, and my favourite Hot Peppers.
I live in Hokkaido, so its pretty cold for growing peppers outdoor. I have to use greenhouse. ( Im looking for Peppers with can well grow in colder place, If any idea pls msg me:).  )

Counting on You guys!!

Czesc / Konnichiwa!

:welcome: to the THP forums, nice to have you aboard! I can't think of any peppers right now that are known for being specifically cold tolerant; I'm always looking for varieties that are more able to withstand the heat! Perhaps someone from a more northern/colder climate might say something... or try asking in the growing section about what others might recommend that grows better in colder temperatures. :cool:  

Welcome from Cornwall.

I have seen reviews talking about Peruvian wild peppers grown in mountainous regions, these might be up your street.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

G'day and welcome from Oztraya.

As D3monic has already pointed out, Pubescens varieties like Rocoto and Manzano do well in colder areas. I had three Rocoto plants planted in my garden for over four years before I had to cut them down to utilize the area they were growing in.

Temperatures here can range from over 40degC in summer, to night time temperatures as low as 2degC in winter. My plants were in the weather and unprotected from the sun and frost, and were planted in ground, in front of a fence. They did exceptionally well.

Good luck with your season. 

SR. 

Welcome! From Yokohama!

I know the summer is milder in Hokkaido, which means you growing season will be shorter. Start your seeds indoors early under good lights, then get them outside when it warms up.
It gets very cold in Hokkaido in winter, peppers generally stop growing below 10 degrees C.

Manzano or goats weed are better with cooler temperatures, but not frost tollerant.

georgej said:
Welcome! From Yokohama!

I know the summer is milder in Hokkaido, which means you growing season will be shorter. Start your seeds indoors early under good lights, then get them outside when it warms up.
It gets very cold in Hokkaido in winter, peppers generally stop growing below 10 degrees C.

Manzano or goats weed are better with cooler temperatures, but not frost tollerant.
Thanks, are You japanese ? or just live there? :D I want to move warmer place in Japan to growing it whole year. Now usually I start my seeds in November inside growbox and middle of May I moving plants to greenhouse .

hahaha Welcome Aboard Ship Mate . Was going to say you'll have no problem finding answers from the fantastic members here.  And they answered for me  :P  So have fun and don't be a stranger post some pics of your grow in the other forums and any recipes your looking to share.

Murrells Inlet  SC

Back