• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Crockpot Puree and Hot Sauce

I decide to try my Crockpot for puree. Ive used it for hotsauce before, so why not to reduce puree. One can put it out side, or in front of a window with a exhaust fan. No more nasty fumes. Set it, leave it, and give a stir every once in awhile.

This is my secound batch this week. Alabama Jacks recipe. Salsa Lady gave me the bug, after trying her Jonah puree. Yum! This batch is Reapers, Scorpions, and Bhuts. My last batch was MOA and Yellow Scorpions. I just waterbathed them in my pressure canner. Just thought I would share my expierence.

Attachments

• 20160811_040835.JPG
    20160811_040835.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20160810_173630.JPG
    20160810_173630.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20160811_032628.JPG
    20160811_032628.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20160811_041000.JPG
    20160811_041000.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 63
Chuck,
Real nice color.That is quite the combo for the peppers.  Bet it has a nice bite.   Don't make my mistake of using some of my wife's wooden spoons while making it.  I think it took better than 3 months for the capsaicin to leave those spoons.   I now have some dedicated silicon spoons for that task.  And I am out of the doghouse!

dragonsfire said:
lol, I got the same one, 6L great cooker :)
Nice bright color to the sauce.
I've got 3 of those cookers. LOL. I can have a purée party.

It takes a little longer for it to get up to heat, compared to my digital. But still does the job.

bpwilly said:
Chuck,
Real nice color.That is quite the combo for the peppers.  Bet it has a nice bite.   Don't make my mistake of using some of my wife's wooden spoons while making it.  I think it took better than 3 months for the capsaicin to leave those spoons.   I now have some dedicated silicon spoons for that task.  And I am out of the doghouse!
I had cap cramps most of the morning. When I finished canning I had some left. Ate a table spoon full. Ouch! Taste good though. I do have stainless ladle and silicon spatula. I did the same thing with one of my wooden spoons. Made spaghetti sauce and everyone said it had some spice to it. I couldn't taste it.

AJ's puree is classic and so versatile. Thanks for listing the link, Austin and OCD, please post your crock pot pics in the original puree thread. Folks will appreciate the idea.

Back