Would like to purchase fresh paprika peppers

Aaron,

It would be nice if someone pops up, growing them in quantities!

I have a Szegedi 80 and two Kalocsai 622 thanks to some people here, but my plants are small.  The plants are protected and probably didn't get the sunshine they needed so they are small bushes. Got a dozen or more green pods between the 3 plants.  Not enough to make a difference for you.

Anyone?

Jim

AaronTT said:
Anyone with Paprika peppers for sale? Prefer hot ones, but I would be interested in milds as well.

If you are more specific about what you're looking for, we may be able to help you more easily.  How many?  

Do you want a certain type of pepper such as Hungarian, Spanish, New Mexican, etc?  Paprika peppers are normally picked almost dry on the plant, so you'll have to find a source that will pick them when you want them.

this is what I am growing now:

NewMex 6-4 

I hope you find what you want. I'm growing different paprika peppers for the second year, and I was very pleased with the paprika powder I made last year.

This year I'm growing Szegedi 20, Szegedi 80, and Kalocsai 622. I'm getting a steady supply of ripe pods from them. I air dry them as they ripen, then I will combine them and powder them.

Also growing Kurtovska Kapija, picked 8 nice pods yesterday, and today I'm making my first attempt at using them for a Serbian condiment called Ajvar.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting enough paprika pods to share, although I will be pleased to supply you with seeds for next year.

Prefer Hungarian or similar. I would purchase a SFRB or more if available. Not as much interested in the Spanish or New Mexican types, although those are delicious. I realize its probably a long shot, but if you don't ask... Next year I should have plenty, but in the meantime it would be nice to get some. I want to make a special condiment from them. Thank you for the replies and offer though for seeds, I appreciate that. 
1tom2go said:

If you are more specific about what you're looking for, we may be able to help you more easily.  How many?  

Do you want a certain type of pepper such as Hungarian, Spanish, New Mexican, etc?  Paprika peppers are normally picked almost dry on the plant, so you'll have to find a source that will pick them when you want them.

this is what I am growing now:

NewMex 6-4 

kentishman said:
I hope you find what you want. I'm growing different paprika peppers for the second year, and I was very pleased with the paprika powder I made last year.

This year I'm growing Szegedi 20, Szegedi 80, and Kalocsai 622. I'm getting a steady supply of ripe pods from them. I air dry them as they ripen, then I will combine them and powder them.

Also growing Kurtovska Kapija, picked 8 nice pods yesterday, and today I'm making my first attempt at using them for a Serbian condiment called Ajvar.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting enough paprika pods to share, although I will be pleased to supply you with seeds for next year.
chiltepin said:
Aaron,

It would be nice if someone pops up, growing them in quantities!

I have a Szegedi 80 and two Kalocsai 622 thanks to some people here, but my plants are small.  The plants are protected and probably didn't get the sunshine they needed so they are small bushes. Got a dozen or more green pods between the 3 plants.  Not enough to make a difference for you.

Anyone?

Jim

Tom is the man Stateside (US) for paprika peppers.  I know you inferred you are good for seeds next year, etc.  We have a long growing season here in Ventura.  If I get an amount worthy, I can send them along.  Next year I plan to have enough.

My only ripe Szegedi 80 pod picked today:

a8SY0WAl.jpg

Back