• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Mystery Chocolate

Had ordered some Trinidad Scorpion Butch T & 7 Pot Bubblegum in January. Kept 3 of each.

Any ideas what this Pepper is?

1st pod on the plant
20160806_115922.jpg

2nd Pod
20160818_165400.jpg

It's definitely neither of those. Impossible to say what exactly it is, but it looks a lot like a chocolate hab. Depending on where you got your seeds, either the seller ripped you off, or the seller intended to send you the right thing and just had an accidental cross

Mene said:
It's definitely neither of those. Impossible to say what exactly it is, but it looks a lot like a chocolate hab. Depending on where you got your seeds, either the seller ripped you off, or the seller intended to send you the right thing and just had an accidental cross
Reputable dealer out of the vendor vault, I wasn't gonna put his name on blast.

Told me he would make it rite, told him don't worry about it.

Was just curious what I was growing.

Magged Out said:
Reputable dealer out of the vendor vault, I wasn't gonna put his name on blast.

Told me he would make it rite, told him don't worry about it.

Was just curious what I was growing.

lets see the calyx of the pods . 
i got some butch T seeds , 
photo-4.JPG

and got chocolate bbg7 , the gnarly version , seeds , i'll send you some if you would like .   :onfire:

Looks hab-ish. If you had any color bleeding onto the calyx I'd say you lucked out with a new bbg variety but not likely based on that pic. A good consolation is the choco hab is hotter than the orange one and much tastier to boot.

Too many crosses going around that aren't stable these days.

Any ones guess is just that.

I've grown out a certain plant in isolation that took 5-6 seasons to grow out a Totally different plant/pods.

Name means Nothing,Genes do.
They take their time to show up...

The First Yellow Super was grown from seeds from a red pod.

Check out the Trinidad Scorpion FG.

It was said to be a cross at the time.
The guy who spread them around caught a LOT of crap for thinking it was a stable mutation or whatever.

It was given out to a Ton of people at the time-to see if it Was a cross.
For Free!
It was a stable variety-proved over Many years.

All yellow supers at the time were unstable crosses.

All the plants I've grown from original seeds I isolated have the same Very long Tail and pod shape.

Too bad unstable crosses rule the net these days.
Such a loss of info and the dedication to keeping species and variety pure isn't the norm these days.

Back