Hello from Columbus, OH

Welcome to THP.  I used to live in Columbus, Ohio.  Do you remember a store at Fifth and High originally called Salem West and later Aubreyahna's Corner?  How about a water fall / park called Hayden run?  As a teen, we used to hide there to drink beer.  Now I understand it isn't much of a hiding spot anymore.

Thanks! It's been awhile but I think I bought my wif a witches ball there. I haven't been to Hayden Run since I was a kid. My friend's mom used to there. How long have you been in Kentucky?

Mickey72 said:
Thanks! It's been awhile but I think I bought my wif a witches ball there. I haven't been to Hayden Run since I was a kid. My friend's mom used to there. How long have you been in Kentucky?
About 10 years.  Was back not long ago.  Neighborhood the store was in is scary.  Favorite bar is gone.  Hayden Run now so popular it has its own web site.  You cant go back but it is fun to try.

ajdrew said:
About 10 years.  Was back not long ago.  Neighborhood the store was in is scary.  Favorite bar is gone.  Hayden Run now so popular it has its own web site.  You cant go back but it is fun to try.
I know what you mean. I used to live over near Eastland and it's so different now.

Mickey72 said:
I know what you mean. I used to live over near Eastland and it's so different now.
Is that where they tore down a mall maybe 15 years ago and people went nuts?  Come to think of it, maybe it was called Eastland Mall.

ajdrew said:
Is that where they tore down a mall maybe 15 years ago and people went nuts?  Come to think of it, maybe it was called Eastland Mall.
It is still standing, Northland might be the one you are thinking of.

Mickey72 said:
It is still standing, Northland might be the one you are thinking of.
Northland sounds right now that you mention it.  Trying to remember now where Eastland was. I lived in Obets for a while.  I remember a mall somewhere down past the Ford dealership that had the owner who plaid guitar on his commercials.  Is that Eastland?

Back