• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Goji berries

I planted a goji bush last year, pruned it back a few months ago and now it is spreading from tge root system. Does anyone know if these are supposed to be invasive? Also it never has a main stem to bush out from. It just keeps getting more shoots from the roots and those just get longer and longer until they fall over

yep, the fuckers just keep sprouting up from ever orifice they can find. 10-20 feet from the main plant. every year for the past 20+ years i keep riping the suckers but they keep traveling a new route.

good luck and remember, $50 a pound or if you make juice, $ 54 a quart

Just planted a Goji berry plant in a container this fall and it's a hardy lil sucker...already has berries started and a lush green. We'll see how it does in the Michigan winter. Looking forward to next year and already have a 1/2 wine barrel set aside for it.
Not sure if I want to plant it in the ground as I hear they can be almost as bad as blackberries in that they just take over...

I picked up a goji this season that was about 2-3 foot tall and it produced. They throw out new shoots like a raspberry plant does. 

My plant/small bush had been producing berries and it's only about 12" tall. I wonder if different variants have slightly different tastes because it's not all that great so far...
I still have it in a 16" potter but I'm thinking if it doesn't improve in taste I'll switch to blueberry bushes which I know I love!!!

Maligator said:
My plant/small bush had been producing berries and it's only about 12" tall. I wonder if different variants have slightly different tastes because it's not all that great so far...
I still have it in a 16" potter but I'm thinking if it doesn't improve in taste I'll switch to blueberry bushes which I know I love!!!
Yes indeed the blueberries and raspberries are much better tasting than the goji berries. I have 5 different kinds of blueberries and 4 raspberries growing. 

try drying them out. they tasted much better dried than fresh

Maligator said:

Back