• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Starting Habanero in Tokyo (Zone 8b/9a) right now (08/24/2016) possible?

Hi, i live in tokyo zone 8b/9a and i was wondering if i could start growing a indoor habanero right now? i know es late but the sun is v strong rn and my familys house gets at least 9 hours of full coverage from our ceiling window... would that be possible to get a good harvest if i started it right now?
thank you ;)

I don't know if you would get a good harvest, if anything a lanky plant with a few peppers. I'd suggest looking into some supplemental lighting. No idea on  your seasons  though.. I just watch a lot of anime... Doesn't really tell me much about growing in Japan lol. 

Oh and Welcome to the site!

Thank you so much! the days right now are long here and the next month n half will be very hot and sunny but after that it will it might get a lil rainy

like D3monic said, try some supplemental lighting.  I personally only get around 4 hours of direct sunlight, but I run a few CFL's on my Jalapeno 10-11 hours a day also and am having great growth!

Back