vendor Refining fire chiles 2016

I have recently been doing business through "California seed and garden co" from what I understand is Jims 3rd party. (Correction?) And first order I got a pack of reaper chocolate brains and katies, all but 1 lived, awesome. I then ordered chocolate bhutlah morugas and more brains, only 1 bhutlah died due to extreme heat. Note that this order piqued me, I got 3 of each instead of 2 that order. I decided to go straight to source for seed and got a good amount. The issue here is minimal, I was sent red fatalii instead of yellow, to me it's no big deal. The catalog number is mirrored so easy mistake. Waiting on an email, other than that, solid vendor, tons of options.

Jim Duffy's been stand up in dealings with fresh pod orders I've been involved with in the past.  Some were ordered by myself, some for a 3rd party I was contracting with for a sauce.  We're talking a couple hundred pounds of assorted pods in all, and 95% were of excellent quality. 

In one instance there was issues with the pods shipped from one of his contract growers, (pods were not good...) which was taken care of a year later with the next season's shipment.  This was with the customers agreement to have the resolution a year later.  Sounds bad, but it really wasn't.  Point being, even though it was a year later, Refining Fire made good on the problem.

Never had a problem with Jim or his seeds. I order direct. His seeds are top notch. Everything I've ever grown has been true pheno and the biggest, and healthiest plants out in my garden. Sorry to here about the mishap. Call him. I've talked to him numerous times. Great guy and will make things right. Red Fatalii is still a good one in my book. So is yellow. LOL

By all means no negative connotations intended, I have yet to have a problem either, actually surprised how easy what I have received from him has rooted with a little fish emulsion.  I even props him or whomever the 3rd party is that sent extra (possibly late in season) however, I will grow what I get.  I just appreciate how easy and quick the whole transaction was.

I ordered one of his baccatum FB specials. Couldn't beat the price and number of plants received. They was soil less plugs but took off right away. Didn't have any damage or losses surprisingly considering the shipping method in a smfrb. I'll probably order from him again next year for plants I forgot to start or changed my mind too late into the season. 

Never ordered live plants from RFC, but have ordered tons of seeds. My Jay's Peach plants from RFC seed are among the strongest in my garden. I think they're one of the top in terms of vendors.

I've ordered both seeds and plants from Refining Fire Chilies and have had excellent results with both.
I tried their Yucatan White Habaneros this year, and they have become one of my favorite peppers to add to my dinner plate  :onfire:

I can confirm the strength and tenacity of the plugs I got a while back, I had one get stressed to a single lower leaf, topped it and it's taking off within a week.

I just picked my final harvest of a few varieties I grew from RFC seeds. I've grown both plants and seeds from RFC and everything has grown to be true. Would be happy to buy from him again.

Here is my Carolina Reaper from RFC, taken at the end of the season so it doesn't look very healthy :(

pjIOIqn.jpg

My first dealing with Mr. Duffy were shortly before my mother passed.  She was going down hill very fast, I was her caregiver, could barely walk at the time and could not afford to get her into assisted living.  Other than by reputation, I did not know him from Adam.  ,He must have glanced at my facebook page, because I got an email with prayers and well wishes from him.  Never had much of a problem ordering from him.  Slight glitch but he more than fixed it.  Thing is, what really got me is it wasnt like dealing with a business at all.  It was like dealing with an individual.

Sorry to bump a old topic but i had to try them out since he had all the seeds i wanted. I got to say i thought the cost was a bit high at first BUT......

He doubled my order and sent me 2 freebies....Sugar Rush Cream and Aji Rojo. Its even listed on the invoice so the double is not a mistake. That brings the price into pretty much a normal range. Shipping was a tad slow but atm i was in no hurry.
C9SkRQe.jpg

Back