• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor Superhot with less floral taste?

Hi All,
I'm looking for some advice about superhots.
Most of them I tried like Naga Morich for example has a really unique taste (floral maybe?). For some food types it would be nice to have the heat without this taste.
So my question is; are there any superhots out there which have the heat, but taste less unique (closer to regular hot peppers like Cayenne or Jalapeno for example)?

Thank you!
Balazs

Thank you! I already started drying quite some, looking forward to taste afterwards. Apart from that, I'm just wondering if there are superhots with less floral taste (dont want to completely get rid of it tho). I really like it, but it doesnt match up with some foods for me.

I agree with fertilizer too.
While taste is quite subjective, I have personally found that Douglahs lend themselves pretty well to food.
For example, they are the only superhot I like to use to make poppers.
That's just my opinion though.

Theres some superhots that have less of a floral taste and more of a citrus taste. Like Yellow 7 pot for example. Or you could grow what I am growing this yr. Which is a (Bhut x Jalapeno) Then again it wouldnt technically be a superhot.

megahot said:
Theres some superhots that have less of a floral taste and more of a citrus taste. Like Yellow 7 pot for example. Or you could grow what I am growing this yr. Which is a (Bhut x Jalapeno) Then again it wouldnt technically be a superhot.

Just got myself some dried Yellow 7-Pots today. Very tasty and not really super hot until the top of the chilli.
Would call them citrusy for sure but some dried fruit elements come through too, something akin to apple or apricot.

I have been looking for the same thing and really enjoyed the bleeding borg9 I got in a SFRB. It lit me up, gave me cap cramps for a good 20 minutes, and didn't have that perfume flavor. I've heard that a nagabon (naga x scotch bonnet) is another good one to try.

I hate floral and 'perfumey' chinense taste and bhuts/nagas are the only chinenses that i really enjoy. If you don't like Naga Morich it can only get worse with other chinense varieties imho. Try some annumm/frutescens x superhot crosses as suggested and dry/powder your pods. In dried form the taste really lightens.

Datil

Just wanted to say that tried the drying suggestion with great success.
Dried some Moruglah (which has more floral/parfumey taste than Naga Morich in my opinion) and made powder of it; the heat is extreme and the taste is great  :dance:

Back