• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow and glog

This is my first forum, so please bare with me as I learn the ins and outs. I've been reading and learning from this forum for a few months now and decided to join the community! I'm growing on the gulf cost of mississippi, this is my first time gardening. I got started when I bought some gardening supplies for my wife and ended up completely taking over the hobby and I've now ended up in the world of hot peppers. To add photos I have upload them to a third party site and link them if I'm not mistaken? Any particular site better then the next? Thanks in advanced for any help I receive.

This is the chocolate habanero

And this is the yellow fatali

I think I've narrowed down the puckered leaves to excessive feeding, so far I'm two weeks in on just water, but the new growth is still coming out puckered. I'm also not sure why the fatali leaves are smaller but I'll keep an up date to see if they grow out of it. Both plants just started flowering. :D

Adding some more peppers for this fall, hoping to over winter 4 plants in my tent and a few under my old CFL set up.

Red savina and red 7 pot brain. Trying germinating directly In solo cups for the first time

And some habanero seeds I got from lowes a while back.

With in 2 weeks of switching to the LED light systems both the chocolate hab and the fitali started budding, after the two week flush I'm beginning back with a shot of cal mag and a 1/4 dose MAXIBLOOM that I got for my DWC jalapeño side project.

Got my first flowers on the fitali

And loads of buds on both plants around 30 on the chocolate habanero and 20 on the fitali
can't wait for my first peppers!

Hi im new to growing peppers as well. i have a few varieties started indoors. i was wondering what your light cycle is like for your peppers that are flowering. Sorry for he novice question and thank you

Lnunez414 said:
Hi im new to growing peppers as well. i have a few varieties started indoors. i was wondering what your light cycle is like for your peppers that are flowering. Sorry for he novice question and thank you
Hi and welcome! This is my first grow. I've had them on a 16/8 schedule since they sprouted. 16 hours on 8 hours off and have not changed it. From what I have read and understood about peppers is they grow vegetation and flower simultaneously so there is no changed need. And since peppers love full sun I have left them on the same schedule. I hope this helps and if anyone else sees this please chime In with more information on the subject. I'm never afraid to be wrong and always ready to learn.

Lnunez414 said:
Thank you very much. This does help alot. Do you know if they flower well in 24 hours of light?
I'm a believer in atleast 8 hours of dark, photosynthes is work for plants and I think they need rest to enjoy the fruits of their labor and to grow. That way you can in turn enjoy the fruits of their labor as well! Think of how well your health would be if you were working 24/7!

Little up date something I thought was interesting

This fitalii was planted and sprouted the same time as the big one, but transplanted to a cut down 2liter bottom as a pot and put out side. it never made it past its first set of true leaves until I repotted in to a 4" with new soil, and moved it under the LED now it seems to be flourishing!

Habs with there first true set coming in

Small update here, 7 pot brain first to pop the soil!!!

Also moving out of an apt and renting a house on 2 acres can't wait to have all the space for food plot and pepper garden.

As well as more seeds arriving in the mail. I think I'm going to wait till spring to plants these ones.

In addition to the two acres the property has a flowing artesian well, they owner said the water has been tested and is of drinking quality. Does anyone have experience with this water being good for my plants?

So it wasn't so small of an update but That's all I got for now thanks for stopping by!

Back