• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video I finally took on the Reaper and got it on video!!

I am super pumped to say that I survived my first Carolina Reaper, and got it on video too!! I think that a combination of me not getting the plants in the ground early enough and our less than ideal climate up here in Canada, really stunted my pepper crop this year. I managed to get one okay sized Reaper and used it for my introduction to these beasts. The flavour reminded me a lot like a ghost pepper, which is real tasty. I had to fight tooth and nail, to not consume something to ease the pain. I felt like I owed it to myself to ride out the experience no matter how much I wanted to tap out. Please forgive my real lame commentary. I was having a tough time really putting out a clear thought, and it definitely seemed like I was rambling on about a lot of nonsense. I wanted to give a good description of what I was going through, and try to give some description of the peppers for my friends and family that really don't know anything about peppers. They are always asking me why I eat them. Also please ignore the dogs, I didn't even realize that they were barking the whole time until I watched my videos. For some reason my phone was only letting me record 3-5 minutes at a time. I ended up splicing all the videos together. Anyway I hope you all enjoy watching me in my agony. It was definitely tough from the start through to the next day when my body still didn't feel quite right. Would I do it again? Hell yeah! I can't wait to start using these peppers in my cooking, because they definitely kick things up.

https://youtu.be/cWbR2qJpZtQ

Wow nice job my friend way to fight through the pain !! A true chili head now hit the local Tim Horton's  for something sweet you deserve it Brother!! hahaha loved the weather report at the end just seemed funny with all the painful pepper sensations. Again Great job from the Great White North.

Thanks everyone. I really am happy that I pulled through it. It would be nice if a person could review peppers in the same manner that I have seen a couple people on youtube. Everyone enjoys seeing someone squirm when they eat something hot, but I really enjoy when you see someone capable of describing the full experience step for step. I got to say that it will be fun using these peppers in various dishes. I have a couple more on the plants that are starting to get to a decent size. Hopefully they get bigger before they start to ripen. I wish that my chocolate and yellow reapers produced this year. Next year I intend on getting off to a better start than I did this year.

Back