• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji's seem to be the best for my Area

This is now my 4th season growing peppers and the best, most productive and healthiest plants seem to be from the Aji family. All the other types of peppers pale in comparison and they all get the same water, nutes, soil etc............. So next year 75% of my plants will be Aji and the other 25% scotch bonnets and those type of peppers in that heat range. I will still grow 1 or 2 superhots and some Jalapeno's as well.

Hawaiianero said:
This is my 1st year with Aji Amarillo and for the same reasons it will be a mainstay in my yard from now on. The flavor is amazing but now I gotta wonder, is there a better tasting pepper out there with comparable or more heat?
Agreed 100%. I would not think of growing a garden without at least one aji amarillo plant.

I'm glad ajis are doing so well for you savinared! How are your Pubescens doing out there?

It's all happening ...

a7e677b31511d1171ee7e6bcf6bcafcb.jpg

Everyone's finding their way to functional peppers ...

It's delightful and somewhat refreshing.

SavinaRed said:
This is now my 4th season growing peppers and the best, most productive and healthiest plants seem to be from the Aji family. All the other types of peppers pale in comparison and they all get the same water, nutes, soil etc............. So next year 75% of my plants will be Aji and the other 25% scotch bonnets and those type of peppers in that heat range. I will still grow 1 or 2 superhots and some Jalapeno's as well.

Let me know if you need any seeds next year bud. I got lots of different baccatums. Aji Mango is pretty good this year and my Lemon drop x inca berry f2 tastes really good. Though f3 could be a totally different animal. 

This year its changed from last, the Thai were prolific last year and this year their just coming in, haven't tried one yet, still green. De Arbol most prolific, scotch bonnet nextm El Jefe and then Burning bush, others are straggling.

In the Thai variety i had huge luck with a Dragon chili hybrid. I think it was a Bonnie plant. It produced like crazy in partial shade. Didn't have much flavor though other than being hot so i didn't grow it again this year. I like my super chiles much better and production has been pretty similar.

Next year i want to add Aji Amarillo for sure and maybe a Aji Dulce to tame down my hab sauce.

charlesquik said:
ahah pepper joe strike again!
Mine came from chileplants. Those Aji Citos look good. Ive got those on next years list now. Getting ready to check mine soon. Yesterday i had close to a dozen almost ripe. The cooler nights we've had lately really seems to be doing the trick.

As far as hardy, the lemon drops have done fantastic. They have looked really good almost the entire season.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Mine came from chileplants. Those Aji Citos look good. Ive got those on next years list now. Getting ready to check mine soon. Yesterday i had close to a dozen almost ripe. The cooler nights we've had lately really seems to be doing the trick.

As far as hardy, the lemon drops have done fantastic. They have looked really good almost the entire season.
Damnit I just realized i didnt quote the good person :(

Back