• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Give this your best guess

Not Lemon Drop, I'm growing several different baccatum aji peppers including Aji lemon and Aji Pineapple; the leaves and branches look nothing like this, the baccatum aji's are vine like, and not shrubby at all.
Flowers don't look like baccatum either. 
I'll add a close up picture of the flowers tomorrow. 

No clue, very different foliage, don't look like no baccatum. Most likely a Chinense but not like anything i've grown. How large are pods, small jalapeno type size?

Shape and color almost remind me of hot tequila sunrise. If on the smaller side pods maybe coyote zan white?

Or could always be an accidental cross. 

The stem does look very odd, almost like Japanese ragweed, but less straight. If you wanted to compare to tequila sunrise check for it's extremely tough skin.

But yeah could be a cross, that's one of the reasons to do a flavor compare.

D3monic said:
No clue, very different foliage, don't look like no baccatum. Most likely a Chinense but not like anything i've grown. How large are pods, small jalapeno type size?

Shape and color almost remind me of hot tequila sunrise. If on the smaller side pods maybe coyote zan white?

Or could always be an accidental cross. 
Added a pod photo, the only one on the plant currently, this one is a bit smaller than most, typically 1"-1.25".

I can only think of two exceptions to the "baccatums are gangly, sprawling, and vinelike" thing: Peppadew, and the closely related Malawi Piquante.

As your mystery pepper goes, it's intriguing. I can't be entirely sure from a photograph, but it looks as if they are decidedly thicker-fleshed than a Lemon Drop, more like Jamy, Aji Colorado, or Dong Xuan Viet Market. The shape looks a bit different, too - smoother and stockier. Certainly something worth tinkering with.

A lot of Baccatums are very tall-well over 5ft. tall and as wide.
A  plants looks is a wild guess , at best , several baccatums I've grown looked like Chinense,until the buds formed.

Also I crossed a Bac. with a 7 pot,and that to a scorpion and got a gold specked budded plant with red scorpion shaped pods.

Too many unstable crosses,unknown crosses out there.
Too many seeds that weren't isolated too.

I reckon it's a chinense.  The calyx has an annulus (the compressed ring).  The pic of the flowers unfortunately has an error in labelling - the "chinense" is an annuum; the unknown is a typical chinense/frutescens flower (they are identical except for the annulus - which is not present in frutescens).

Back