• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

And the most prolific pepper in my garden this year is...

Yucatan White Habanero!

This was my first year growing them, but definitely not my last.
They are good and crunchy and have found their way into most of my meals for the last couple months including my scrambled eggs.
They're a good bit more pungent than any other white Habanero that I've ever tried, like little jelly beans of fire  :fireball:
Excellent pepper all around.

29459418805_0068c2127e_z.jpg

mlh5953 said:
Yucatan White Habanero!

This was my first year growing them, but definitely not my last.
They are good and crunchy and have found their way into most of my meals for the last couple months including my scrambled eggs.
They're a good bit more pungent than any other white Habanero that I've ever tried, like little jelly beans of fire  :fireball:
Excellent pepper all around.

They make a great powder.  The pungency really subsides as they dry.  

The powder is buttery, nutty with hints of dry citrus.  Just a touch of hab sweetness depending on the batch.  Almost like an aged parmesan reggiano with dry, full mouth habanero heat.  The intensity dies quickly leaving, medium full mouth burn that lingers for some time afterword.     

We put it on everything!  Soup, pizza, eggs... it's even great on tomato based cocktails.  It's probably my second favorite, with cayenne blend being first, and death powder being third.   :fireball:      

14199204_10210282801657217_5623056640823278435_n_zpsi8oqjysr.jpg

7EF7A1B9-0D29-4AC8-8134-6ADB776CA787_zps8er7veud.jpg

14183678_10210282801817221_6228828483331441607_n_zpssjl44epm.jpg

14224792_10210282801977225_8523050928700506960_n_zpszaiaxcxr.jpg

Edit: typo

Scoville DeVille said:
I love those little white ones cut in quarters in salsa. People always ask if it's corn. I say, "yeah sure". :rofl:

We are having a bumper year with Poblanos. This is just from today. I had this many last weekend, and I'll have this many for the next three weeks. All from 1 plant. True story.

Nice!
My Poblanos didn't do well this year. I have 5 plants, but none of them produced well.
I actually have store bought Poblanos in the fridge  :rolleyes:
NeedsWork said:

They make a great powder.  The pungency really subsides as they dry.  

The powder is buttery, nutty with hints of dry citrus.  Just a touch of hab sweetness depending on the batch.  Almost like an aged parmesan reggiano with dry, full mouth habanero heat.  The intensity dies quickly leaving, medium full mouth burn that lingers for some time afterword.     

We put it on everything!  Soup, pizza, eggs... it's even great on tomato based cocktails.  It's probably my second favorite, with cayenne blend being first, and death powder being third.   :fireball:     

I'll have to try that!

Highest producing pepper this garden season is the Sunrise Scorpion, 14 plants and they were the first to set fruit this summer and have been cranking out pods all summer long. 

cheers

Buzzman19 said:
Highest producing pepper this garden season is the Sunrise Scorpion, 14 plants and they were the first to set fruit this summer and have been cranking out pods all summer long. 

cheers
First time growing sunrise scorpion this season, just started, good to know.
Any tips, shade , full sun ??

karoo said:
First time growing sunrise scorpion this season, just started, good to know.
Any tips, shade , full sun ??

My plants get about 10hrs of Sunlight per day, I live in Central Ohio, USA and we have had one of the hottest summers in history so I dont think you should have any problems with heat per say. 

I have all mine planted in a raised bed, they have been a real joy to grow actually.  

cheers! 

Sorry about the quality of the photograph but this pepper variety from "HotToddy" is his Goat Cross ... So many flowers now so many pods ... will up date the picture when the pods colour up

Trident chilli said:
Sorry about the quality of the photograph but this pepper variety from "HotToddy" is his Goat Cross ... So many flowers now so many pods ... will up date the picture when the pods colour up

That's a healthy looking pepper plant!

Back