• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What to do with some pork sirloin tip roast

Its not as fatty as i would prefer but im leaning towards an Adobo type sauce. I almost want to leave them whole so i can pull it into longer shreds for stuff like nachos or tacos.

This is what i have to work with:

Can of chipolte peppers in Adobo sauce. ( not really sure if i want the smokey flavor this time though)
Lots of vinegars
Dried whole Ancho
Dried whole New Mexico
Dried whole Passila but i think they are mislabled
Mexican oregano, cumin ect ect
Fresh thyme
Fresh Anaheims mostly green but a couple reds
Fresh Cowhorns both red and green....kinda wanna try these
Plenty of garlic and onions

Its a bit late to start a marinade but i could i guess and have them tomorrow. Don't really want to grill or smoke anything today. Something easy in the slow cooker or oven sounds nice. Marinated and grilled with a hint of sweetness does sound good though.

If you've got orange juice, puerco pibil. Looks like you have the rest.

You'll need achiote (annatto) however.

Or make any slow cooked pork with peppers.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Im not really sure annatto really adds anything but color.

It does actually. When used for color is is used sparingly, it has a very distinct flavor that adds a lot to chicken and pork, try sizzling chicken fajitas using breast strips and marinate and coat with the achiote and you will love the flavor and never cook bare chix again. Tortillas, peppers, onions, onions also good in the achiote!

D3monic said:
When in doubt, taco it out ;)

Sounds like you already got everything you need. I'd toss in all in the blender with a lil olive oil and chuck the meat and sauce in the crockpot.
Did this ^^^^^^

Added a fresh cowhorm, couple Anaheims and a couple serranos to the blender too. Only used the rehydrated anchos and can of chipoltes in Adobo sauce. Cooked it till it shredded easily. It turned out a tiny bit more spicy than expected but not bad.

FINE!!! :P
PORK_zpslzcrvlfx.jpg

Nice!

I think with a Mexican rice addition and cheese you could fill some killer burritos. A bit liquidy so the rice would help there. 

Hell yeah nice quesadilla that's how I like mine but with some guac for good measure.

These were so good it deserves an official name. :D I tried to find one on Google but failed. :P

Forgot to mention the cheese is the Mexican cheese blend from Costco.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
These were so good it deserves an official name. :D

Mo' Please Nopalitos Quesadilla!

Back