• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help! Cobs Plants dying.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum as a registered member, but I have read a lot of the posts that go on in here. You guys have tons of great information for helping new indoor growers like myself.
With that said I have a few questions about my COBS and I am hoping you may be able to guide me.

Tent -3x2x3 Jardin dp90- Lights can be at the max of 33 inches from top
Light- 8x3590 72v Cobs mixed spectrum 3500/6500 2 meanwell drivers
2 Fans interior-
1 Cpu exhaust only pulling 100cfm

1. with the recommended kelvin ratings 3500 or 6500 does it matter? Mine are currently mixed 4x3500 4x6500 I thought it would be best to spread for a full spectrum

2. the par rating and what is needed for the plants. Currently@ 50% thats a few inches above. I'm using a cheaper end meter called tenmars 201/ebay it measures lux at 600 i guess that means zero since its not a par meter. Ive been wondering if I have the lights too close not sure.

3. The heat within the tent is at 83-87 deg for some reason it varies, but the light from these COBS pump heat like nobodies business especially at full power.

4. I have leaf drop, yellowing issues that occur constantly. flower/buds are dropping. No vertical growth occuring, and no fruiting.

sorry for the list of mess, but thats what I've been feeling as well. This whole thing seems to be falling apart.

Pics attached for a visual, you can see the plants are not looking good.
Thanks!

IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

Hey, I want to setup COB lights in the future as well. I think 8 lights is pretty overkill for the grow area you currently have. I believe a 3x3 grow area needs around 5 COBs. My guess with your leaves curling could be a nutrient deficiency (cal / mag ) or that the lights might be too close to the plants. I am new to growing as well, just trying to take a stab at your situation ;)

I hope your plants get better :D

Back