Ideas for resale items

A million years ago, I sold essential oils in a novelty store of sorts.  I bought in bulk and then poured into smaller bottles.  One day I thought, why not sell the empty bottles.  I put them in a basket and put a price on them, they sold.  Looking to do the same with current business.  If I have to buy things in bulk anyway, why not offer them for sale as well.

First thought is the little zip lock bags I use.  If I ever get the farm to the point where I can have visitors, thinking gardening supplies.  I have been dying to make damascus / pattern welded hand shovels, rakes, and the likes.  But mainly looking for ideas on what things pepper heads might like to see for sale that I can buy and resell. 

Thoughts? 

Noobs , I've been one until recently, would like a starter kit with maybe , a germination mat , germination soil mix, little spray water can , seed trays , surgical groves for harvesting and cleaning and a few seeds.

How about selling seedlings  in the spring..like a six pack of yellow fatalli for eg..many people would gladly purchase those/or a mix of super hots ..along that line..
And then offer the fertilizers/pots  etc to go with it..and also hold seminars on how to grow peppers & the like.they do that at the nursery near me ,,each saturday  they have a theme..eg roses ,have a person knowledgeable on the subject speak for an hour or so,& after the talk folks buy the roses ..a win win...well that's my idea...FWIW

karoo said:
Noobs , I've been one until recently, would like a starter kit with maybe , a germination mat , germination soil mix, little spray water can , seed trays , surgical groves for harvesting and cleaning and a few seeds.
The more I think about germination supplies the more I think it is a good idea.  Super Hots are so long season, that you wind up looking for supplies when there are none to be found at many local stores.  I think things like small blow molded pots, peat pots, and peat pellets could be shipped affordably.

wiriwiri said:
How about selling seedlings  in the spring..like a six pack of yellow fatalli for eg..many people would gladly purchase those/or a mix of super hots ..along that line..

When we moved online, we did sell seedlings.  Then I looked into our laws and stopped.  As part of the cottage laws, I can sell off my farm at farmers markets and so on.  But if I want to sell across state lines, the state wants to inspect something.  I really dont want them in my basement grow room.  Haven't given up on the idea.  Hope to have a double panel heated green house soon, that way they have something to inspect.

BTW: First year I sold 'bare root' plants online, I got a bad review.  Someone complained there was hardly any dirt on the plants.  Reading it, I blew coffee out my nose.  No dirt on bare root plants.  Still, I issued a refund saying I was at fault for not making it more clear that bare root plants had little to no dirt on the bare roots.

Back