• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Is it food ???

Been sick for a few days.  Friend now living in the Virgin Islands came home for visit.  I was home when she stopped by, but did not wake up.  She left a grocery bag tied to the door.  When I found it, I removed a couple jelly jars with labels.  They are a chutney sort of thing popular on which ever island she is on.  That or the folk there made up the story for the tourists.  She makes it and sells it at her farmers market, which like everything else there is mainly for the tourists.

In the same bag was a zip lock containing what looked like white fudge with nuts in it.  It looked like food.  It smelled like food.  It tasted like soap.  I first started chewing and there was no flavor, kept chewing cause just woke up, maybe mouth wasn't awake, then I realized it was soap.

Posted the short in my status message.  A couple people were like: How could you mistake soap for food.  Look at that one on the top, it was even made in a small cup cake mold.  They call them soap tarts.  That's one of the ones I ate, the round ones that look like tarts or mini cup cakes.

I know I am loved cause people ride me so hard about this and other goofy things.  But come on, be serious.  This looks like food right?  I wish I could send you the smell.  It smells like food.

Oh and what do you bring to sick people?  You bring them food.

14389035_1051937734924719_1822580339_n.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Looks like soap to me! Hell kinda fudge look like that? :lol:
Son, I am sorry.  It is my fault for letting your mama raise you with fufu soap and no sugar.  She was worried that I passed on the sweet blood gene.  That there looks like white fudge with cookie crunch or nuts or something.  Now lets talk about your poop obsession.

Grass Snake said:
Idea! Soap made with Superhots. Wash your balls with that D3!
You know they sell cap ointment and patches for pain.  I -think- it increases blood flow.  Might work in soap.  With all the nutty things that are going into homemade soap these days, I could see it.  I wouldnt due it cause of the obvious law suits, but I could see someone doing it. 

D3monic said:
I thought soap as soon as I seen it. That foo foo farmers market soap that has way more ish in it than necissary. 

"this one is made from organic rendered chicken fat, rosemary and thyme"... wtf, am I washing my nuts or making a soup. 

Yep I have to agree. Looks like that hippy soap full of stems and seeds. I like Yardley, english lavender, and oatmeal almond, same shit I been using over 30 years.

lol

Did you eat all 8 foo foo soaps? Or save some for me?

I bet that's goat's milk soap (probably edible! Lol.) We have some AMAZING locally made goats milk soap for sale around here (the store just also happens to sell at least a dozen types of homemade fudge on any given day... no mistaking them though); most of the soap has 'edible' food ingredients that not only looks like food but some could possibly be mistaken for food. One of my favorites is the oatmeal & honey. There also is the usual suspects like rosemary, lavender, and I think one even has pecans or something it it - probably for scrubbing/abrasive qualities. Great stuff!

But yeah... that doesn't really look too much like fudge to me either, it looks more like a Havarti cheese with dill or sage!  :rofl: 

Sure wished my mom would have used one of these natural soaps to wash my mouth out as a kid! Who knows how many toxic chemicals I consumed when young (I shiver in horror at the remembrance when the bar would scrape my teeth and get stuck in all the crevices like sticky/gummy foods do - I would taste the soap pretty much all day even after having picked it out.) Bar soap was always preferred though to any liquid, and don't even get me started on Dawn soap! Gag & bubbles... gag & bubbles! 

Hope you feel better!  :)  

hogleg said:

Yep I have to agree. Looks like that hippy soap full of stems and seeds. I like Yardley, english lavender, and oatmeal almond, same shit I been using over 30 years.
In college chemistry class, day one, teacher asks question and then answers without a pause.  How many grams are in an ounce?  That's right, 28 cause the rest are seeds and stems.

The Hot Pepper said:
lol

Did you eat all 8 foo foo soaps? Or save some for me?
I am really trying for a your mama joke but nothing is coming.

Back