• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CAPCOMS COCOA GROW 2017

I am starting early this year. maybe 3-4 weeks left here for outdoor growing and it will be time to put most of it to rest. I will be bringing a few plants indoors for the winter and as such, my seed starts my be more restricted this year. Lots of white flies showing up this fall and I would like to check them before the indoor retreat. Aphids? Yeah, they may hitch a ride but they are of no concern to me.

Big changes to next years grow. going to container grow again, but I am upgrading to 10 and 15 gal pots. haven't decided which yet though. 10s are wider and 15 gal are deeper.

I will continue using Nectar for the Gods nutrient line as it has not let me down and I am making inquiries as to setting up a tea making process as well.

My seed starts will be determined by what varieties I can obtain in the next few months and my inventory. I will post a list of them shortly, as well as my extended grow plants.

Oh, why cocoa grow 2017? cause 95% of my grow this coming year is going to be chocolates. So I will be looking for anything and everything chocolate and high heat is of no concern.

Nice ! :)
We already had two days of frost last week adding to the unusual weather this year. this morning was supposed to be 6c but forecast this morning said it went to 3c, checked my plants and some of the leaves are drooping, so praying they didn't get damaged. Next week supposed to go to 2c so I need to make some decisions since allot of peppers still green, Thais still have not produced any ripe peppers yet :(

Late night Saturday and I am cleaning and readying the room for the upcoming season. I have a few mature plants the will be coming indoors after I nuke them with GUARDIAN to make sure I have no uninvited guests. As indicated above, I am going 90% or better chocolates this year. So I will be interested in acquiring any thing chocolate that is HOT and tasty.
I dont need Brown Morugas, Madd Balls, Chocolate Bhuts, BBM or Chocolate naga brain. Everything else is on my want list.

I am continuing the use of Nectar for the Gods nutrient line as well as adding AACT. I will be adding a high volume RO unit to the rooms water access point.

I changed a few things this year and the results have me considering my next move. Changed growing media to pro mix, used a good dose of Mykos throughout the grow, and added KRACKEN to the nutrient regiment.
This year my stalks are tree like as well as the root system. I could hardly get them unearthed to move them to the garage. I think I will need to go to 10 gal containers minimum and maybe 15s. Ooooh the cost.

I'm with you, bigger pots are better, although harder
to move. I like 15 gallon myself. You are right about
the cost - i try to snag used nursery pots from local
nurseries. As an alternative, you can use utility tubs,
they usually have rope handles and only cost $7 or
so each. I get them at our local Kroger chain variety
store.

PaulG said:
I'm with you, bigger pots are better, although harder
to move. I like 15 gallon myself. You are right about
the cost - i try to snag used nursery pots from local
nurseries. As an alternative, you can use utility tubs,
they usually have rope handles and only cost $7 or
so each. I get them at our local Kroger chain variety
store.
Yeah, all good ideas. I was also referring to the increase of media to fill the pots. going from 3s and 5s to 10s or 15s is going to be a killer. I am paying about 42.00 for 3.8 cu ft now. I may have to settle on about 2 dozen favorites to grow.

Yeah right, I am going to go from 100+ plants to 24 plants.

I am already in trouble with space for this winters holdovers.

I use both 10 and 15 gallon root pouches. I also use Pro-mix. I really like the set up and it has produced well for me. I am just finishing up my second year with the same Pro-mix. I did add some compost and other goodies before plant out. I am hoing to kerp amending the prior years Pro-mix until it stops producing good results. Good luck.

CAPCOM said:
Yeah, all good ideas. I was also referring to the increase of media to fill the pots. going from 3s and 5s to 10s or 15s is going to be a killer. I am paying about 42.00 for 3.8 cu ft now. I may have to settle on about 2 dozen favorites to grow.

For filling my big pots when I had a bunch, I went to a bulk
landscape place.  I can get a yard of pretty decent planting mix
for $38 a yard (27 ft3), and then amend the soil a little every year with
zoo-doo, manure, or compost.  I want to find a source for 
hardwood RCW and try to get the forest soil thing going in
by big containers, so I don't have to do that anymore.

Good luck deciding what to do.

I did decide to keep my Kracken scorpion plant. turning out some nice pods wouldn't cha say?

Kracken Scorpion.jpg

Well its raining leaves in the grow room. Always happens when you bring them in. I will let them run their course , harvest ripe pods and then trim everything back. That will at least give me room for seed starts.
 I will actually get t least one CPR from what I thought was a lost cause. I decided to bring the plant in out of pity and chance. it went to 90% brown in 2 days.got more smaller pods behind it.

Nice to have an indoor space for your plants!

That Kracken looks painful...

So far but not limited tothis list, I will be growing.
Chocolate Primo
Chocolate lava
Chocolate Bhut Long
Madd Balls
Chocolate scorpion
Chocolate Fatali
Chocolate moruga
Chocolate Bhut smooth
Chocolate Devils Tongue
Chocolate BBG
CPR
Chocolate Borg 9
Chocolate Bhutlah
Douglah
Chocolate 7 pot
Chocolate Reaper
Serrano
Xalapa
Scotch Bonnet MOA yellow
Scotch Bonnet MOA red
and more to come I am sure.

My grow shop has been hiding 20gal grow containers. I may go with them but they are pretty pricey. I think it is going to end up costing me 30.00 per plant if I go with 20s.

CAPCOM said:
So far but not limited tothis list, I will be growing.
Chocolate Primo
Chocolate lava
Chocolate Bhut Long
Madd Balls
Chocolate scorpion
Chocolate Fatali
Chocolate moruga
Chocolate Bhut smooth
Chocolate Devils Tongue
Chocolate BBG
CPR
Chocolate Borg 9
Chocolate Bhutlah
Douglah
Chocolate 7 pot
Chocolate Reaper
Serrano
Xalapa
Scotch Bonnet MOA yellow
Scotch Bonnet MOA red
and more to come I am sure.

My grow shop has been hiding 20gal grow containers. I may go with them but they are pretty pricey. I think it is going to end up costing me 30.00 per plant if I go with 20s.

I want to grow quite a few more choco pods this year. I really liked the bhutlah I grew this year. I'm also really excited for the Elysium Oxide bonnets (Farie SB X douglah - if I remember correctly) which aren't brown but sound amazing. Brown congos and BBG would love to get my hands on as well.

Can't wait to watch this. Oh and I really like your indoor space. What's the giant tree in the back left?

Your 2017 grow looks a lot like mine, sir:

brown grow 2017
Chocolate Moruga
Chocolate Brain
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate Primo
7 Pod brown
CPR
THSC Chocolate Scorpion
CP115
Douglah
Chocolate BBG7
Pimenta de Neyde
Reaper
Primo x
JPGS
Mustard Moruga brain
Big Mustard Mama
Bhutlah Black X
Moa Scotch Bonnet
Bahamian Goat
Orange BBG7
JPGS x Primo
Scotch Brain
El Jefe Japaleno
others pending...

Best of luck!

austin87 said:
I want to grow quite a few more choco pods this year. I really liked the bhutlah I grew this year. I'm also really excited for the Elysium Oxide bonnets (Farie SB X douglah - if I remember correctly) which aren't brown but sound amazing. Brown congos and BBG would love to get my hands on as well.

Can't wait to watch this. Oh and I really like your indoor space. What's the giant tree in the back left?
Ah, you mean my wifes hibiscus.
BSH said:
Your 2017 grow looks a lot like mine, sir:

brown grow 2017
Chocolate Moruga
Chocolate Brain
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate Primo
7 Pod brown
CPR
THSC Chocolate Scorpion
CP115
Douglah
Chocolate BBG7
Pimenta de Neyde
Reaper
Primo x
JPGS
Mustard Moruga brain
Big Mustard Mama
Bhutlah Black X
Moa Scotch Bonnet
Bahamian Goat
Orange BBG7
JPGS x Primo
Scotch Brain
El Jefe Japaleno
others pending...

Best of luck!
It does, dosent it?

Reactions: BSH
CAPCOM said:
It does, dosent it?
I am debating on buying chocolate reaper and borg9 seeds from Duffy...but I am having a hard time justifying it because I have no shortage of heat!  I had a lot of red pods this year and I find them to be floral for the most part (regardless of the variety) whereas the chocolate peppers (moruga and 7 pot) were just smoother tasting and sweet.  Going to order some scotch brains and MOAs though from Juanitos once his stock comes in because they look tasty. 

Been growing and trying as many different peppers as I can over the past 4 year and have come to the conclusion that I don't really like red pods. They smell pretty good most of the time but they supply toouch tongue sting. I have found that most chocolates are pretty good in regards to heat and taste fresh or powdered and in many cases blended with other chocolates.

Back