• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Habanero, ghost, mango, pineapple jam (1st attempt)

I had my first taste of a hot pepper jelly last December, and I was surprised at how tasty. This time I decided I would give it a go once I had grown enough of my own peppers. This is my first attempt at a jam, so I read up on the process then modified/combined some recipes to make my own. Trying not to toot my horn here, but this stuff is amazing! My wife isn't a big fan of spice, and she loved it! Was spreading it on crackers, toast, etc. I paired it with a slice of Merlot BellaVitano cheese; heaven!

For shits and giggles, I decided to take some to work and leave it in the break room with some crackers. Most people read the ingredient list and walked away slowly. The brave that gave it a try couldn't get enough! I already had people offering me money for a jar! Now I'm itching to make a scotch bonnet jam once I have enough peppers.

Love this forum! Wouldn't have been able to do it without this place.

Link to pic

dragonsfire said:
That does sound like a great combo Congrats.  My first Orange Hab Marmalade was awesome, cant wait to make more :)

Oh Man, I make a ghost orange marmalade and reaper orange marmalade that should be illegal.  I have made a few different hot jams and jellies, this one I won't share because I want it all.

-Alden

AldenMiller said:

Oh Man, I make a ghost orange marmalade and reaper orange marmalade that should be illegal.  I have made a few different hot jams and jellies, this one I won't share because I want it all.

-Alden
I hear ya! This stuff is dangerously good. I have people hounding me for the recipe, but I think I'm gonna keep this one to myself and make a little dough on the side.

AldenMiller said:

-Alden
Ok Alden give me that recipe or else  
173047295.jpg
hahaha

Back