• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Pineapple pod test

Very Nice Peter loved the garden plants look so healthy and that pepper was amazing looking. Great color and juicy looking. And as someone who has been lucky enough to have tried your jellies and other products. I can say without a doubt TOP QUALITY all the way brother. Will be subscribing to your YouTube videos Brother.  

D3monic said:
Aji pineapple or Aji painapple

Which do you like better  :P
Painapple for sure :)
oldsalty said:
Very Nice Peter loved the garden plants look so healthy and that pepper was amazing looking. Great color and juicy looking. And as someone who has been lucky enough to have tried your jellies and other products. I can say without a doubt TOP QUALITY all the way brother. Will be subscribing to your YouTube videos Brother.  
Thanks for the kind words, and for watching my vids :)

You said less heat than a jalapeno and a pineapple taste.  I don't know what happened with mine.  They are as hot as my thais with such a pungent citrus taste it's like eating lemon cleaner.  Horrible!
So many people say they like these, a wrote them off after tasting mine.

Bofu said:
You said less heat than a jalapeno and a pineapple taste.  I don't know what happened with mine.  They are as hot as my thais with such a pungent citrus taste it's like eating lemon cleaner.  Horrible!
So many people say they like these, a wrote them off after tasting mine.
What you described sounds a lot like an Aji Cito. Those are much hotter and have more citrus taste than the pineapple. Your seed might have been crossed. I can send you some of mine if you ever want to try them again.

D3monic said:
Mine have always been fairly hot too. Probably 50-100k

jakester said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but yours is bigger than mine!

I also love this pepper. Mine are in the 50,000 range, I'd say...

The pod sizes on mine varied. I just picked a bunch today for a jelly, and there were a bunch half that size or smaller. Regarding the Scovilles, mine might be milder, or could be my heat indicators are a little whacked right now. lol.

Back