• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Left over bulk dry ferts, possible homemade hydroponic solution?

I use to grow a lot of of aquatic plants with dry ferts in these "high tech" set ups. We had a system that was known as estimative index dosing. So now I have left over fertilizers that I want to re-purpose into hydroponic solution.
I have KH2PO4, KNO3, and the micro trace as Plantex CSN+B
(Just in case, Plantex CSM + B is composed of 1.50% magnesium, 0.10% chelated copper, 7.0% chelated iron, 2.0% manganese, 0.06% molybdenum, 0.40% zinc, 0.04% boron)

My question is can I use up my left over bulk fertilizer and make hydroponic solution? 

plantex csm+b is the best micro nutrient mix for chilies imho.

low copper etc...

i used it for a year or so, i switched to peters STEM though... its like 1/3rd the cost.

its the same thing basically... except they reccomend it for shit like lawns in addition to hydroponic systems... so its got excessive copper.

not enough copper to harm the plants or anything, but its like 3x the amount of copper you need and copper IS harmfull to watersheds and shit like that.

Ahh coolies

I'm trying to find some recipes for hydroponic solutions that you can mix up. I already have bulk fertilizers, don't wanna put that to waste

Ahh coolies

I'm trying to find some recipes for hydroponic solutions that you can mix up. I already have bulk fertilizers, don't wanna put that to waste
It's really hard to say, and maybe best asked to the manufacturer. There are lots of different variables. Some fertilizers don't like to be mixed, some become (quickly) biodegradable when water is added, etc, etc, etc. Too big of a question for a simple answer!

Yeah I used all these for other plants before under a EI dosing plan for years, I'm sure it will work. I even have the magnesium sulfate and calcium chloride but lol thats common stuff.

The problem is the math, I can't figure out how to make a propper NPK ratio or what ratio I should aim for with peppers. I think I'll just do some rough estimations and try a small sample test on some peppers

BurnTtongue said:
Yeah I used all these for other plants before under a EI dosing plan for years, I'm sure it will work. I even have the magnesium sulfate and calcium chloride but lol thats common stuff.

The problem is the math, I can't figure out how to make a propper NPK ratio or what ratio I should aim for with peppers. I think I'll just do some rough estimations and try a small sample test on some peppers

hmmm... u ever use saltmix.xls?

its a simple spread sheet you can use to tinker with nutrient profiles.

there is also hydrobuddy, a little piece of software written buy a nice guy at some university somewhere.

either work well enough.

i use the resh profile btw. google that one if you are interested in a 100% hydroponic grow, not a typical soil + additional nitrogen and calcium etc.
i can email you saltmix.xls if you cant find it online...

i cant find the link rigth now to be honest.... maby its not around anymore? 

I tried hydrobuddy but I'm not tech savy enough for it. I'm kinda technologically retarded lol. But in not sure what parameters to aim for?

And ok sure send me an email plz

Back