• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Neem oil, aphids and whitefly.

So I have recently had a nasty run in with sprinkler systems over watering the area out if my control. This has led to a crazy population of nasties snacking and curling my leaves. My question is, how quick do you see these asshats falling off your plants after a spray? I just picked about 20-30 a plant today after a spray. Will upload detailed pics if necessary.

I have not really had whitefly problems so far, but with the aphids I will usually find lots of dead ones on the plants a day or two after spraying neem. Their population can bounce back quickly though, so I will spray them again after a few days. It seems to take me 2 or 3 times spraying neem to really get an aphid outbreak under control.

Jeshwa said:
So I have recently had a nasty run in with sprinkler systems over watering the area out if my control. This has led to a crazy population of nasties snacking and curling my leaves. My question is, how quick do you see these asshats falling off your plants after a spray? I just picked about 20-30 a plant today after a spray. Will upload detailed pics if necessary.
liquid lady bug works ever time and want hurt the plants. Used it four years.

Neem... Kills the aphids within the day. Follow up 4 days after first spray, good for about a month. Do it again... Or you can drench the soil.

I live in a state with a massively high insect population, so your mileage may vary.

Awesome, thanks for the input.  Will give the liquid ladybug a shot during the winter, but for now we've had high humidity and heat causing the pests to breed like wild and need to control it asap.  I am already seeing dead guys, but they come back full force in no time, will spray again in a few days and regularly throughout the rest of the season.

If it were that easy!  The neighbours  have a raised bed garden that they do not tend to in the least, and I get the spill over pests D:

Back