• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

One of my favorite slaw recipes

I love this sauce for sweet and spicy wings. Last year i looked through the recipes section and found this slaw recipe. Its very simple and addictive. Heat level is actually pretty mild with a nice creep. Costco often has this sauce for about 50% off MSRP so you get a 40oz bottle for under $8. One of the things i really love about this sauce is it has 0 sodium.

http://www.robertrothschild.com/blogs/vegetarian/roasted-pineapple-amp-habanero-coleslaw

Ingredients

1 bag Coleslaw mix, store bought
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Dip or Sauce
2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil, drizzled

Instructions
In a large bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add the shredded slaw mix and toss until combined.

It's very sweet like a pineapple preserves but the chunks are large and it's more fluid. A homemade preserves with hab would work. You could always just stick to fresh or canned pineapple too, then add some agave syrup.

At $8 for a 40oz ive never tried to make a clone. If i had to pay full retail i would be looking into it.

Simmer a hab or two in a couple cans of crushed pineapple(in natural juices). Sweeten with a little frozen pineapple juice concentrate. That should get you in the ball park for the slaw recipe.

It won a THPA a couple times actually.

The Hot Pepper said:
It won a THPA a couple times actually.

The Rotchchilds sauce won? Ive been buying it since i joined Costco about 2 years ago. I love it for the price. They have a couple other no sodium or very low sodium products too.

Back