• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Stacked Ciabatta.

Sunday night's dinner with inspiration from my mate Oldsalty's Sausage (gate) grinder.

Ciabatta roll, toasted, then topped with Pecorino cheese before going back under the grill for a nice melt.
20160925_192011.jpg

Two eggs (Chicken that is, I'm out of Duck eggs.) with fresh cracked black pepper and smoked Cayenne powder. 
20160925_184232_edit_1474801537538.jpg

Fried bacon and chirizo.
20160925_190109.jpg

Pulled roast beef, coated with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.
20160925_185017.jpg

20160925_185148.jpg

The build, cheese, egg, chirizo and bacon. 
20160925_192251.jpg

Pulled beef.
20160925_192410.jpg

Topped with fresh Red Bell for contrast and crunch, along with my own Heatseeker sauce.
20160925_192858.jpg

Money shot.
20160925_193049.jpg

SR. 

nice sandwich ya got going there. Lots of times when I eat a huge stacked sandwich like yours with toasted ciabatta, i find that the roof of my mouth gets all scraped up. You guys ever get that?

BigB said:
nice sandwich ya got going there. Lots of times when I eat a huge stacked sandwich like yours with toasted ciabatta, i find that the roof of my mouth gets all scraped up. You guys ever get that?
yep Ive had that happen a few times

wiriwiri said:
YUMMY!!  Awesome cooking  Paul,great Sunday meal..OS will be right over when he sees this :rofl:
Haha i'm starting my swim over to you now Paul. Should be there in 2017 !  :)
BigB said:
Hey brother B how goes school?  And yeah i hate that top of mouth gets all raw. ouch!!!
ShoreRider That looks CRAY CRAY !!! Damn Brother a stellar job as usual. Have you ever tried Bone sucking sauce killer BBQ sauce or Mermaid ?

Whoa!! That sando looks amazing! I have just one problem. You see there is this guy that makes an amazing sauce down your way called "Smoke 'n' Fire" I woulda used that in place of the baby rays.  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

You Rock Brotha!!

Oh yea, its in the Skullburner line of sauces. You should look it up.  :lol:

oldsalty said:

Hey brother B how goes school?  And yeah i hate that top of mouth gets all raw. ouch!!!

Hey hey! It's going well, I'm not failing out! lol getting use to taking 1-4 tests basically every week for 9 classes, so it's a rollercoaster ride that's never ending. In the end, doing pretty average relative to my class, which I'm fine with lol C = pass, and P is for physician! 

PS, raw roof of the mouth sucks
id be inclined to soak that top bread in some jous

Thanks for the kind words all. One of my favorite creations so far, and quite a lot of it to get through too, but I managed. 
BigB said:
Yes, happens all the time. I usually make cold sandwiches with my Ciabatta so it's not so bad then. Grilling the buns does add a little more crunch to them, but it doesn't bother me enough to worry about it. Just like the burn after eating a pepper, a scratched up roof of your mouth is just a reminder of the meal you just had.

oldsalty said:
Haha i'm starting my swim over to you now Paul. Should be there in 2017 !   :)

ShoreRider That looks CRAY CRAY !!! Damn Brother a stellar job as usual. Have you ever tried Bone sucking sauce killer BBQ sauce or Mermaid ?
Thanks Salty, there'd be one waiting for you if you ever did come downunder that's for sure.  :P

I haven't tried either of the sauces you mentioned, I haven't even heard of them. I'm not sure how available they would be here. We're a bit limited in the way of good "off the shelf" sauces and spices (that's what made me start making my own sauces in the first place). Yes you can get them online or at specialty stores, but walk into any supermarket here and you're not going to find anything decent. 

hogleg said:
Whoa!! That sando looks amazing! I have just one problem. You see there is this guy that makes an amazing sauce down your way called "Smoke 'n' Fire" I woulda used that in place of the baby rays.  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

You Rock Brotha!!

Oh yea, its in the Skullburner line of sauces. You should look it up.  :lol:
Thanks brother, I added the SBR's to the roast beef  (in place of this "Smoke 'N' Fire" you speak of :P ) to add a smokiness to it, to almost replicate a slow cooked or smoked flavor. It worked a treat, although the Heatseeker was the standout sauce in this "sanga" fo sho!!!  :P  :P

SR.

Back