• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What do you think of the Clowns???

Not thinking much of the clowns themselves.  But the reactions are hilarious.  People are now calling the police when they see clowns.  Not clowns doing something illegal or suspicious always.  Just being a clown is enough to get the police called.  In PA, the police were called for a clown driving a truck.  In our local town, police were called for a clown walking by the Taco Bell.

I think Kentucky was the first to arrest a clown.  Evidently it is illegal to wear a mask either in Kentucky or in the town he was in.  Not sure if it is a state or local law, but considering Halloween is right around the corner I gotta wonder about selective enforcement.

In another article, I read a police chief warn that falsely reporting clowns on social media is illegal because it causes a public panic. 

The whole thing has me shaking my head.  I just can't believe the over the top response.  Its as if we were living in Apocalypse Clown.

I think someone should call the cops on Scovie.

drunk_clown.png

We were at the Venetian in Las Vegas years ago and in the main promenade and there were these "living statues" where people were dressed and made up to look like stone. That fuckin thing moved right when I walked by and I damm near went all 'Daniel-son' on his ass. Not cool. I hate clowns. Hate'm!

But people calling the cops? That's just a symptom of all the fear in society nowadays. Plain and simple. Everybody is afraid of everything now.

On another note. One of my favorite TV shows is 'American Horror Story'. Season "Freakshow" had the worst clown I ever seen. That dude comes at me, cops won't be necessary. A coroner is all they would need to send.

nrm_1412811944-ahs_081514_0968.jpg

American_Horror_Story_Twisty_Clown_Front.png

Fargo's good too ... another one Danielle watches ...

I THP on my iPad during all of them ...

I watch and care about watching:

Shameless
Nurse Jackie
House of Lies
Homeland (season or two behind on that one, though)
Black List
Suits
Scandal
The Catch
Good Wife (over, now)
Chicago PD, Fire, and sometimes Med (aka iPad in-hand)
Grey's Anatomy
MasterChef (and the kids version)
Man, Fire, Food
f**k That's Delicious
Huang's World
The Voice

I guess it boils down to: legal/political, medical, or food ...

I'd trade in half that list to have House back!

Been watching shameless, waiting for salem, lucifer and walking dead to start up. Wife said the exorcist series was really good.

Clowns don't bother me.

"The only thing they can get me for is running a cemetery without a license "

https://youtu.be/TzwiVyReRtA

Haha ...

As you know, we have a rich Circus tradition here ... Ringling being here and all ...

Just ... ugh ...

Can't tell you how many times I went on some field to trip to some creepy clown shit ...

Fuck clowns.

PS - I apologize to any members who are clowns ... I guess ...

I'm betting that as we get closer to 10/31, some dumb schmuck is going to jump on the clown bandwagon and dress
up to scare some kids. He'll quickly run into a group of parents (or drunk frat boys) who will then do a
number on him (or her).

grantmichaels said:
Haha ...

As you know, we have a rich Circus tradition here ... Ringling being here and all ...

Just ... ugh ...

Can't tell you how many times I went on some field to trip to some creepy clown shit ...

f**k clowns.

PS - I apologize to any members who are clowns ... I guess ...

I feel ya man, I lived just south of Gibsonton, so I know what you mean .....

Back