• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Land of Misfit Meals.

No idea where to post half of what I eat. Some of it is leftovers, some is awesome some not.

Anyway, tonight.

Hank's (my grocery store) has been doing this for awhile now, Rotisserie Chicken, Smoke Pork Butt, Chuck Roast and Ribs. We didn't really feel like cooking tonight, and have so damm many vegetables from the garden but we are getting tired of them. So we decided on Big Salad and Ribs.

The sad had lettuce, beets, lemon cucumber, green onions, fresh peños, garbanzo beans, peas, marinated artichoke hearts, hearts of palm (sliced), shredded cheddar, Blue cheese dressing, croutons and a few cranks of BP

The ribs from Hank's are pretty dang good for the money. A full rack, smoked and sauced up. I don't prefer sauce but I can definitely have them that way. It hold the Red Savina, Cayenne and White Pepper powders better.

I am so stuffed. And there's still half the rack of ribs leftover. Maybe they will appear in this thread tomorrow as a dip.

Or an omelette. LOL

104_9717.jpg

104_9713.jpg

104_9714.jpg

104_9716.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
Seriously, in this case, the Ribs were the side dish. LOL

I'm just curious, how much does a rack of baby-backs cost where you're at?
I think Whole Foods is 8-9 a lb.....might be a buck or two cheaper at the butcher.

God I love Macaroni salad. Even when it's bad, it's pretty dang good.

When I saw these ribs at Hank's a few weeks ago, I thought it was just a leftover thing from the deli. Then I saw them there again, and asked Hank about it. He said they got their smoker all up and running, (500 pound capacity I think he said) so it's becoming a thing.

9 bucks for a smoked rack of baby backs? Shit, raw they're like $13. The smoked Chuck roast is killer too. About $6.

Back